Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you'd like that would be great. I'm considering the Larin Lift from Sam's but I don't know enough about it...
Thanks,
Dickson

·
Registered
665 Posts
Lift Adapter

I am interested in the adapter... I would like to know if the bike is rock solid on the lift or is there some instability... I don't want to buy something that I put on the shelf because I am afraid to use it. Is the center of gravity low enough that with this adapter the the bike can't come off the lift unless the lift is on uneven ground... I am very careful around suspended (lifted) loads but I want the maker to assure me that I won't someday be found under a Black Cherry Rune.... Talk to me about the stability of the Rune on this adapter... I have a good lift...I need a good adapter for it.... I would like to hear from a Rune owner who was skeptical and yet bought it...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rich, I can assure you that the lift w/adaptor in place is very sturdy. My father (who fabricated/designed adaptor) has washed his Rune and changed his oil with the adaptor on with no sway, rocking, etc.
The adaptor is solid. I hope this helps Rich. In time as we sell more, testament will prove its worth. Thanks again for the interest! - Matt

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
hey....i never got that call from you guys. My Uplift brand lift has a flat adapter plate that measures 15 inch by 13 inch. fully collapsed, it sits about 4 and 3/4 inch above the ground. Will it work with your adapter? if it doesn't.....and i got one assuming it did....do you fully refund our money? what's the scoop?

Also, your other thread says to work the lift needs to stand a MINIMUM of 4 and 3/4 inch above the ground. I would think that should read a MAXIMUM of 4 and 3/4 inch above the ground. Any more....and with your adapter...you couldn't get clearance under the bike to fit it in. Is that a typo on your part???

and how does the adapter fit onto our existing lift/adapter???

Must have more info....not enough details!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RedValk,

I didn't realize that you were expecting a call--it was unclear to me--sorry...
To help clear some details...here goes....

From the spec you gave me, the lift will work with your lift.
{-Works with any motorcycle lift that has a minimum heighth of 4 3/4" and maximum arm width of 20"}
The arm width/plate width that you have falls into the max. width of 20"...if the width is larger than 20", you wouldn't be lifting the bike via the adaptor, you would be lifting it by the fairings and/or other parts....ick.

-As for the min./max. info....the lift has a minimum lifting height and a maximum lifting height (which is usually in excess of 15" or so)....the lift needs to have a MINIMUM LOWERED height of 4-3/4"/height from the ground..any less and the lift, when fully decompressed or lowered, will let the Rune take a tumble.

-Also, the lift acts a cradle for the engine.

-The lift is sturdy, but within reason...if you want to change a tire or do some heavy duty wrenching, then you will want to strap down your baby.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please use your own disrection when lifting a motorcylce or anything else when the lift is under a load....

The adaptor is sturdy but if you have an intent to knock the bike over, of course it will fall over.....user discrection is needed.

Think of this....are you going to walk away from your bike without the kickstand down???

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rich, check your email. I'm going out of town and will send UPS shipping rate to you by tomorrow (saturday) at noon EST. ---Matt

·
Registered
665 Posts
Adapter

Will let yall know know as soon as I get it and try it out ... From a purely visual perspetive ...all the critical points on the bracket shown, appear to match all the critical points on HogSlayers wooden adapter... The pick with the Rune in the air looked good...so I'm sure it will work... Anyway...wil post my observations.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Adapter Ordered

Matt contacted me and I sent the money order out on Monday.... They will make the adpter when they get the money...so I should have it in a week or 2. As they work with people on this board a bit, they will relaize that they can sent the part out and KNOW that the money will arrive. But hey I do understand... About $113 with shipping... Later all

1 - 20 of 124 Posts