Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my easyrizer bike lift yesterday. Works great for the RUNE. Takes about 30 seconds to take Rune from ground to almost 2 feet up. Runs off drill and gear drive. One person job. Picks 900 pounds up like nothing.

Works on all three of my bikes.

Need to purchase lift, GL1800 mounts and bar mounts. You use the GL1800 mount in front and bar mount in the rear. Very solid. Once bike is up, just run a 2 straps to secure it down.

Around $840. Ive have already paid for it twice by paying the honda shop for tire changes. NO MORE. The idiots at the shop were using a floor jack under the motor and letting the rune rest on the side stand and rear tire. Then taking the front end apart.

I have also found tires from ronayers.com, dunlop 205 and 220s for under 100 dollars each. 120 front and 180 rear.

www.drivengear.com for the bike lift. Check out the video on line.
I ordered it on monday and got it friday.

:pepper1:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Rune102, which model did you order, the Original Red or the Big Blue.
I looked for the 'bar mounts' in their list but could only see 'beam mounts', are these the same thing?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rune lift

I ordered the GL1800 mounts, and basic flat bar/beam mounts and big blue. You need the GL1800 front mount for the front and the bar beam mount in the rear. The bars are the same width as a basic sears bike lift. 12 inches. I have friend modifying one so its about 15 inches across. The 12 inch works great for the rear of the rune. The front GL1800 mount is cut out to clear the middle seam on the engine. I find when you put it under, push it in and raise it until it hits (not under) the metal on the left exhaust. Once that happens, front center alignment is almost perfect. The rear goes to the exhaust area. Just play with where you want it to contact. Works fine near the middle of the exhaust.

I found on my wifes 750 shadow, you need to have it exactly position or the exhaust hits the lift. The bars could be a little wider due to the width across the frame on the 750. My friends matching it to his VTX for width on the frame.

As far as the rune goes, the no issues. Slide under, get it aligned, up it goes. I just use a ratchet wrench to slowly raise it up. Once the bike is firmly on the lift, I use the drill. I am very impressed how well this thing works. Its take like a whole minute to put it under, align it and get the bike up. Still trying different ways to tie it down, but thats minor. I be stripping the bike down for a new front tire tomorrow. I let you guys know what I figure out for tie down.

I also purchased the 1500 valkyrie adapter just to have it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lift

Raised the rune up, pulled the front fender, tied up the calipers and linkage. Pulled the front tire. 1 hour.

A few more tires and the lift has paid for itself.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lift

Being my Honda (per honda shop manual) shop charges $300.00 labor to change out front and rear tire with them on the bike. I take the tire in. $18.00 each to mount and balance.

I found 2 other brands (bridgestone and dunlop) that have 120/70/18s and 180/55/17. Under 100 dollars each.

Dunlop 220
Dunlop 208
Bridgestone BT020 and I think their new Z6 tire will fit.
check www.ronayers.com

That beats $180 for front and $190 for the rear from honda direct.

So now my tire changes cost about $240 instead of almost $700.

I just put a metzeler 130/70/18 (wing tire) on the front. This is until I wear out the rear so I can put a matched set on. I still not sold on going to 120/70/18 in the front but other guys on the rune site have.
The load rating on the 120s are all about 59, (536 lbs) the 130 are 63 (600lbs). A 180 rear tire is around 73 (805 lbs). Do the math, 900 pounds of bike plus 200 pound rider. So just with a 120 front you are most likely overweight for the tires design load. But not enough to really worry about. Would like to find a correct metz rear tire, but still looking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ken: Metzeler 210

Hi Ken,

Can you tell me the model number of the Metzeler 210 you use? Also, do you know the make/model of largest front tire that we can use without modification?

Thanks!

john

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:15 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 210 tire is a Metzeler 210zrx50-17
ME880 Marathon XXL 210/50ZR17

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
The tire is fine. That was a glob of tar w/a rock that got stuck on the swingarm. That was 2,000 miles ago. No problems if I quit doing burnouts in tarpits!! :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Metzeler

Ken,

Thanks for the response. However, I'm not sure I quite understand. You say the tire is a "Metzeler 210zrx50-17 ME880 Marathon XXL 210/50ZR17." Is that a single product name? Sounds like two tires. I can find a listing for a "ME880 Marathon 210/50ZR17" on the Metzeler site, but I don't see any listing for a "210zrx50-17". Also, you listed an XXL in the product name, but I can't find that in any product listing on the Metzeler site, although J&P show it on their site. Do you know the difference between the ME880 Marathon 210/50ZR17 and the XXL version?

Any help is certainly appreciated!

Thanks,

john

1 - 14 of 14 Posts