Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant see outside my shoulders when using the mirrors that came on the bike so I purchased the stem extensions and they move the mirrors upward in stead of out. So I still have the same issue.

Anyone know where to get 10mm stems, the bike shops near me in florida dont know of anywhere.

I was going to purchase new mirrors but hate to spend 2-3 hundred when only need the stems.

HELP

·
Registered
146 Posts
Have you considered having new stems made and chromed? Gotta be a decent machine shop around that could handle that for you at a lot less than 2 -3 hundred. And that way you can get them bent to just the position you want.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I couldn't find the link but way back when a lot of us bought new mirrors for $50 bucks or so that came with longer stems and they look just like the factory ones. I hope some one else will remember what online store sells them.
Jack

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You guys are lazy. :) You need to actively move your head, tuck in your arms and keep scanning. If you just move your eyes as part of your scanning procedure you will begin to miss things. I decided to not get replacement rear view mirrors for this reason, and even today while riding in to work, I was aware of the need to move my head and body as part of riding.

Keep Top Gun in mind.... they moved their helmeted heads in various directions to maintain situational awareness.

Beware of snipers!

Ken
(33,620 miles)

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
i'm with Ken. Sherry and i have NEVER felt any need for any replacement mirrors/stems. We have no problems seeing what we need to see...but like Ken...we always check by moving our head.

No mirror replacement here on either of our Runes........

·
Registered
141 Posts
mirrors

STOP! Go to any cycle shop, find after market mirrors with 10MM long stems. Buy for about 15 to 30 bucks for the pair. Keep stems, throw away mirrors, put Rune mirrors on long stems. Please send me the remaining money.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I move my head, shoulders, elbows, and ass - and am getting tired of it. With a 54" chest you're damn right I can't see out of these mirrors.

Thanks for the hint on looking for any old 10mm mirror and scarfing the stalks to the original mirrors. I just need to find a good finish on a pair and I'll be done.

I wandered around the Honda shop looking at other model bikes to find a good candidate - nothing looked like it would work. So, Kuryakyn et. al.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi David,
due to flight transport damage j had to change one mirror. so j ordered to Hal a cople of originals but little longer. they work very well and j am satisfied.
the left his orizontal, the right 90° (when j am turning right the rear look becames larger :wink: )
ciao
hannibal

·
Registered
317 Posts
hannibal said:
Hi David,
due to flight transport damage j had to change one mirror. so j ordered to Hal a cople of originals but little longer. they work very well and j am satisfied.
the left his orizontal, the right 90° (when j am turning right the rear look becames larger :wink: )
ciao
hannibal
Could you some part numbers, please? I don't see "originals but little longer" in any parts fische.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi David
j got these from Direct Line

AA-BIK601120
FTM replacement mirrors for the Valkyrie, VTX and Rune. Longer stem than stock. (Sold Each)- FREE SHIPPING.

Our Price: $24.88

j checked what is possible. j may look back. the mirrors are as the originals. j prefer them at stock, j may see better
ciao
hannibal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts