Saw a new one sell for $17K, but although the auction said reserve wasn't met, seller said he'd contact highest bidder if winner's bid was 'reasonable'. Kept the auction #, and since didn't see a feedback after a while, Emailed the winner directly, who said the transaction was great. Hard to believe $17K was reasonable.
That was the lowest price I've seen, new or used. Lucky guy indeed.
If I come up with a recently built new one (0 miles) for $18K or less, I might not wait for '05 news. We'll see.
the good news is JC that so far there are plenty available in dealers....so i don't see prices going up....and i don't see why you can't wait for a while anyway for any news of the old 'phantom' 05. I really don't think you have to hurry. Those bikes at some dealers have been sitting around since like December. I'd just keep an eye on em'...and as long as they are still sittin' out there, wait until Honda finally announces their plan in mid September at the big show. If no 05 announced at September show, then RUSH to get one of the last 04s.
If there is an 05, then you can make your mind up on that. And i can eat crow :roll:
REDVALK..... I travel so much that I dont get to ride as much as I would like as it is. We have a wing with a escapade trailer so were set for travel so I can wait. Im bound and determined to get a CBC Rune. The only thing I hold off for is a better deal if I can obtain one. 17 grand is unreal, and I wouldnt hesitate or wait if I could find one at that price. Im not in a rush though so who knows. My biggest issue is living in Ca and buying out of state is damn near impossible unless I have a way to register it in another state for a while. Ill find a way. Such a B---chin bike I am past the want stage and into the neeeeed stage.
I Just located a CBC in San Diego with 7,000 miles. With no real effort on dickering they dropped to 18 grand plus tax. I mentioned it would need new skins and rear set bars and he was willing to work on it. Also he states it has factory chrome rims but I will have to see it to be convinced. Time wil tell if this is the right bike at the right time. Im going to be on the road for a week, maybe when I get back I'll be able to ride down and take a look.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.