Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be leading a ride on Sunday to Mount Mitchell State Park and on to lunch at the Switzerland Inn. We will leave promptly at 10 AM from the tent area arriving at Mt. Mitchell about 11:45. Mt. Mitchell is the highest elevation east of the Mississippi River peaking at 6,684 ft. Click here for more info: http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/momi/home.html. The total route consists of 130 miles of mostly back roads with magnificent views and roads that seem to have been constructed just for motorcycles. It includes a gentle twisting 25 mile stretch on the Blue Ridge Parkway, considered by many to be the most scenic road in America. The Switzerland Inn is a unique and quaint restaurant with an exceptional menu. Check it out at http://www.switzerlandinn.com/lunch.htm. I have allowed for two rest stops, 30 minutes at the park and one hour for lunch and will have us back at approximately 3 PM. This should allow time for a dip in the pool or a nap for those seniors that need one (like Sitedata and me) before the dinner time festivities. So plan to spent your day with most of your new Rune friends doing what we like doing most, I. E.; ridding our great machines, eating delicious food and sharing the great comradeship that exists here on this board.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The weather on Sunday looks to be great for the ride to Little Switzerland Inn and Mount Mitchell. The forecast for Erwin is sunny with a high of 80 and a low of 57 degrees. Mt. Mitchell is forecast to be 73/53. Since we will arrive at the highest point on our trip, Mt. Mitchell, about 2 PM, the temp should be in the low 70s. I expect that the ride starting temp will be in the high 60s with the highs along the route no higher than 80/82 or a range of 10 to 14 degrees. The chance of rain is forecast at 20%.

I have traveled to Mt. Mitchell many times and have not seen the weather to be this nice ever. Most often the parking lot and top are covered with a mist (clouds). But if the forecast proves correct, we should have perfect weather.

So dress according to your needs and let's have a great time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.