Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is....the plans for the first ever Rune Rally. The dates are set...Labor Day weekend, 2 September (Friday) thru 5 September (Monday). I chose those dates because the poll majority favored those dates...and it gives travelers from far away an extra day of travel (among other reasons). Of course, you can't please everybody all the time...but this was the best compromise on dates.

The place is set: Erwin, TN. This is just about 40 miles north of Asheville, NC....right in the heart of great riding country. The hotel is the Holiday Inn Express. I've blocked off 30 rooms for us...though they have more rooms if we need them (he offered to let us block the WHOLE hotel...but i went for about half of it). Call 1-800-304-7958 for a reservation and mention the Rune club. again, we can get more rooms ...for now...if we need them. But i wouldn't wait....cause when other rooms get taken by the general public...well....then they're gone! Put another way, you can always cancel a reservation. But if you don't make one...and they run out of rooms....well, you know how that story goes. though we are lining up a back up hotel...a Super 8 or something like that down the road. Just make the dang reservation :wink:

These folks are bending over backwards to accomodate us. Here's what i have lined up so far (I'm typing this info from the hotel on Saturday night, 19 Feb...on my 'scouting' trip). On Friday night, the first night...we'll ride our bikes into "downtown" Erwin and decend upon a restaurant to do 'vittles' ...for those that want to. Right now it looks like it will probably be a local Mexican restaurant. This dinner will be pretty informal.

saturday morning at 1000 am we will depart on a group ride. i'm pre-riding the two possible rides tomorrow morning (Sunday, the 20th of Feb). I'll pick one of the two rides for the actual group ride. The hotel person i'm dealing with...great guy named Mike, will actually be available to lead us on the ride the day of the event. He is a fellow biker, and knows all the local roads like the back of his hand! After the group ride Saturday, i have arranged to have an evening meal catered by a local BBQ place. I ate there tonight. The food was killer. They will set up on site and cater the meal. we'll be eating in a brand new pavillion that they are building behind the hotel. NOTE: I'll be collecting money in advance for the catering. i have to pay them half the fee in advance. more details on that to follow...like menu items, cost, etc. but be aware, i'll need folks to send me money...probably checks...in advance ....so i can cover the half of the cost i have to pay. the rest of the money due has to be payed when they deliver the meal.

I will be lining up more vendors for prizes and sponsorship...so we will have some free door prizes. I already have one very nice prize for some lucky Rune owner!

Sunday, i'm leaving open....for either several smaller group rides...or maybe folks will want to go do some of the local activities...like white water rafting (two miles down the road)...rides on the "Dragon"....etc. the list of things to do in the local area goes on and on. The hotel management can also arrange for things for the ladies to do if they don't feel like riding one day. Sunday evening, we'll be passing the hat for money to buy some burgers and dogs and such...and have a group picnic at the pavillion. the hotel is giving us the use of this pavillion for free both nights (normally there is a fee)...as well as giving us discounts on the room rates.

i realize some folks will have to leave sunday...others will be leaving monday. So our acitivites Saturday will be a bit more formal...and all the door prizes will be given away that night. Sunday will be more informal...as some will have departed....etc.

So....MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS....NOW....and, as soon as i get the info on the catered meal saturday...those who want to participate....send me a message to get a head count....and PLEASE send me a check for the cost.

More to come.............i'll keep adding more things to do...more prizes...more sponsors...and more details...as the summer goes by!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rune Rally Bound

8) 8) Hey All:

Just made our reservations, and my wife and I are looking foward to meeting everyone this sept. :D :D . Just to repeat what Redvalk has said recently it seems like we have a nice group of people here at Rune Riders and look very much foward to meeting and riding with you all !!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Rune Rally

I'm in... Just reserved my room for the weekend...Now I need to decide whether to ride the bike or trailer it all or part of the way. I am anxious to meet YALL. And finally ride with some other Runes... I should have my new license plate soon... after a bit of doctoring I'll put it on ..take a pic and post it with my profile...hopefully I will still have enough snow to pose the bike in front of... I know...I am not supposed to doctor my plate...Only those with a keen eye will notice...hey do cops have keen eyes?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I made my hotel reservations today for the Sept. 2 Rune Rally.

Many thanks to Tim for all the effort that he has put into this Rally.

We need all of our members to step forward and register for this event NOW! Don't wait until all of the rooms are booked for this heavily traveled weekend. The hotel's policy only requires that you notify them 24 hours prior to the stay date for any required cancellation.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tim,

The phrase "...keeping them out of the weather." should be changed to " ... keeping them out of the sun" for surely it would not rain during the

FIRST ANNUAL RUNE RALLY

The Truck / Trailer / Tent pics follow.

We have about 20/25 plastic chairs and about 7/8 tables in the roof top boxes.

I'll bring a couple of bike lifts, some tools, and a supply of cleaners / wax / buckets / leaf blowers / towels to help in the bike wash area.

For registration I'll be able to print up name tags with Handles / Home City etc...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Made My Reservation

Made my reservation for Sept 2nd & 3rd. Looking forward to meeting you all. When we meet just don't charge me for all the free advice and help you have been giving me. ...... Mike

·
Registered
852 Posts
Traveling From Northern Baltimore County

Hey if anybody is riding their bike to Erwin, TN for the rally and is coming from the Northeast or Mid Atlantic region I would like to catch up with you and travel south together. ...... Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rune Ralley!!!

I just made my reservations today, so Indianapolis will be represented at the first rune ralley. I've not seen(except on dealers floors) or driven with another rune yet, so I'm definately looking forward to it. Hopefully by then the pipes and bar-graph tac will be added.
I wanted to thank Redvalk for getting this together, I know it took a lot of work, but you picked a pretty good day to post it(Feb.20 was my b-day).
Just let me know where and how much money to send to you for the Saturday dinner, I've been told I have a pretty healthy appetite!(lol)
Also wanted to thank Marune for the Rune shelter, I'm pretty anal about keeping my bikes protected from the elements, so thanks man!
I look forward to meeting everyone and hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable ride. If anyone wants company on the ride to/from I'll be leaving from Indy on Friday morning(Sept.2)
Thanks,JHS

·
Registered
852 Posts
Looking forward to meeting you in TN in Sept. I guess as the time gets closer we will have to post our itinerary and cell phone #'s so we can connect along the way. Ride safe ... Mike :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rune Ralley!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well, I have that Friday off work so my itinerary is fairly open right now. Here's my contact numbers: cell#(317)442-4770 and home#(317)546-7011, if I don't answer please leave a message and I'll return your call as soon as I can.
This has been a pretty good St. Patrick's day so far, the weather is warm enough to get the rune out ,after work, for some throttle twisting and then some green beer! Priceless!
Thanks for getting back with me,JHS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rune Rally

Please confirm the dates
How many are confirmed thus far?
This is awesome.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Please count one from NC

Tim: please count one from NC as 1 VTX and 1 FAST Blue RUNE will be there.

Anyone going to Myrtle Beach for the first weekend....I'll be there on the 14th for the day...running the shops...Hope to see you there

Dave

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Dave,
when is Myrtle beach?
And, come Sept.. who knows, I may be able to saddle up next to you on I-95 when you get near my exit!

Ken
(still have a flat rear tire..... I have not gotten my wheels from Honda yet)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Rune Rally

Might be bringing a buddy (1800 VTX) along... he's retired and looking for a fun ride and an entertaining time... based on the posts on this board he shouldn't be disappointed ...if he does decide to ride along with me...

I assume there are no "rules" against non Runes showing up.... right???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts