Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first, a BIG thanks to Chuck. I got the "package". YOU must come to this event. It won't be the same without you Chuck!!!!!

Now for some updates. For Friday night, the plan is to ride down into town (short distance) and eat at a Mexican Restaurant i have coordinated with. We'll probably go around 730-800 pm....to allow everyone ample time to show up before we go. so eat a big lunch on friday 8) After eating, we'll come back to the hotel and kick tires, BS, and probably some of us will drink some fire water :twisted:

Satruday morning is the group ride, leaving at 1000 am. We'll have lunch on the way. The ride will be led by fellow biker and hotel POC Mike Bishop. he's our host during the event, so to speak. he knows the local roads VERY well! Saturday evening we'll have our catered bbq dinner. Right now, the GREAT news is it probably will be FREE for folks from this board....thanks to Chuck and some other possible generous individuals. I HAVE TO CONFIRM I HAVE ENOUGH FUNDS IN MY BUDGET TO DO THIS....but it's looking good at this point. To get your FREE meal "ticket" and FREE raffle ticket for the GREAT prizes....for BOTH you and any significant other, you will be required to show your Rune key and tell me your nickname on this board. SO IF ANY OF YOU ARE THINKING OF DOING THE UNTHINKABLE....RIDING A BIKE OTHER THAN YOUR RUNE....better still bring the key to your Rune. That's your free pass for food and prizes.

of course, who in their right mind would show up to a Rune event on SOME OTHER bike????? :oops: :oops: Better yet, just do the PROPER thing...and ride your Rune to the event. or trailer it. But if you ride something else there (when you own a Rune), we'll just talk bad about you for a while.... :wink: there WILL be other folks at the Rally who do NOT own a Rune. For them, since they have no Rune key (too bad for them!!!), i will ask for a donation for the food Saturday night. (Sunday cookout will still be FREE for everyone, even the unfortunate non Rune folks 8) ). Non Rune folks will NOT get any raffle tickets for the prizes, as most of the prizes wouldn't interest them any way....as they are cool Rune prizes! All prizes will be given away saturday night after dinner. Followed by more tire kicking, socializing, fire water, etc.

Sunday we have another ride led by Runeman from GA....and of course, many possible activities that you could do locally as a tourist. Brochures are in the hotel lobby. That night, we'll have the FREE cookout....free to EVERYONE. Period. Followed by more tire kicking, socializing, fire water, etc.

We have some REALLY great prizes. We have chrome caps for the front end from Ultimate, shirts from F6Store, the Corbin seat, probably a windshield and tires from Jim's Cycles in Johnson City, other micellaneous small prizes that are more generic, as well as things coming from Direct Line and RIVCO.

We'll have a bike wash station, free breakfast each morning, a tent/covered area to park our bikes and hang out, another tent are for cooking out/eating, various things supplied by MARUNE......etc.

One last thing, i will have my drill bit there for drilling out pipes. 2 of 3 Runes i met at InZane had to have the pipes drilled right there on the spot!

SUGGEST YOU MAKE YOUR ROOM RESERVATION NOW....if you haven't already. We blocked off 30 rooms. I think most of those are gone now. It's crunch time. Just do it.............

it's going to be a heck of a good time..........

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
some more notes on the Rally

i will probably be needing a head count soon....for the catered bbq dinner saturday night. When i find out the details...menu....etc, i'll put a post out. Not sure how it will work at this point....but it may very well be that i'll take names with the head count....and if you're on my list....YOU EAT FREE. If you aren't, you have to pay. or something like that. So help me out when i ask for the count. I WILL ASK FOR FOLKS TO EMAIL me when i do ask......

One other note. All of this is put together by the kindness and generosity of other board members, and creative financing on my part. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE for any prizes OTHER than the Corbin seat (10 bucks a ticket...ONLY 40 tickets ...to recover my cost)....and if you want any 50/50 tickets. The Sunday night cookout is free....the Saturday dinner will probably be free....the other prizes are free, with each Rune owner getting a shot at the prizes. When i do one of these events, as folks know who come to my Cheaha thing in the Spring....my intent is to give something back to YOU....to show eveyrone a good time.

I have NO intention of making any money. Period. My intent is to break even.....or if i have extra money left over, use that as 'seed' money for next year. I make good money....have a day job....etc. Just wanted folks to know...as some are generously contributing to 'the budget'. If more folks donate money....and i have a larger budget...we'll just have more free stuff....more fun.

Just want EVERYONE to know where the money comes from....and where it goes. I was in the hole out of my pocket from buying the Corbin seat (only sold 12 tickets for that so far). but thanks to Chuck, i'm not in the hole anymore. Of course, i still have to get the food. but it's all going to work out. The 50/50 pot....half goes to the winner, the other half goes towards food money for the event....or seed money for next year...etc.

There will NEVER be a fee to attend anything i put on.............this is about having fun...and giving something back to YOU....the members of this board. you deserve it!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Donations

Tim..I can send you a money order contribution now (repost your address) or I can give it to you cash when I get there...you tell me how it fits best for you..I know I speak for most if not all that we really appreciate the work you (and your helper elves) are putting into making this a successful and fun event... Rich :clap2:

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rivco just sent...

us some shirts, hats, catalogs, a 50 dollar gift cert. for their products...and some of their new electronic horns and the wiring kit for the Rune.

The prize list just keeps getting better and better.

Got those reservations yet?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and yet more good news about the Rally!

now we have a writer wanting to do a story about the Rally. So we'll get some press coverage. They would also like to interview some of the folks, especially Tom from New Zealand!

Have you made your reservation yet??????? Free food....free prizes....great rides....lots of Runes...lots of socializing...putting faces with names from the board.....

Be there........

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the list of states attending....

...now looks like this:

Michigan, New York, Maryland, New Jersey (i THINK??), Tennesse, Georgia, Alabama, Florida (i think??), North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, Ohio, Connecticut, Texas.....Canada....and New Zealand.

Don't see your state 'covered'...and you're coming? Sound off!!!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tim,

I am going to post my RRR --- Road to the Rune Rally ---- info on the Rides / Trips / Events Board.

Anyone interested in joing up look it over and PM me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Re: the list of states attending....

RedValk said:
...now looks like this:

Michigan, New York, Maryland, New Jersey (i THINK??), Tennesse, Georgia, Alabama, Florida (i think??), North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, Ohio, Connecticut, Texas.....Canada....and New Zealand.

Don't see your state 'covered'...and you're coming? Sound off!!!!!!![/

Don't count me out yet. Haven't cancled my reservations as of yet.
San Jose, Ca

Bill/1COOLMC

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
California.....cool.....very cool. Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I'd rather be riding!
4,932 Posts
I am leaving Jacksonville, Florida on Thursday morning. Shouled be in Irwin no later than midmorning on Friday. Let me know if you want some help getting things done. Looking forward to seeing you there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts