Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from Motorcycle News 24 Nov 04 -

Quote - 'I HEAR Honda's space-age Rune cruiser is set to be replaced.
Honda worked on several Goldwing-engined concept bikes before the
Rune was launched in America and could re-develop one of them as a replacement.Maybe this time it will come to the UK.Here's hoping...' unquote.
This was wrote by 'The Mole' new bike rumours by our man in the know !

OK you guys ! whats your take on this ?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yer, I read that too. Firstly I reckon it's pretty certain he's taking about a new Valkyrie rather than a direct replacement for the Rune as such ( yes I know the Rune is a Valkyrie, but it was never meant for mass release).
The sketch shown with the article is similar to the final version of the T1 concept bike. A lot of folks were tipping that as the new Valk. He even referes to the concept bikes in his article. The sketch he uses is actually taken from the early design portfolio of the T3 concept ( see link below )
The T series were around before the the Rune became a reality (T2 became the Rune) and still might be used as the basis for a new valk.
Now MCN has always been spot on in the past with regard to predicting new releases, I hope they're right this time as well. Not that I'd EVER sell my Rune but there'd always be room for a new Valkyrie in my garage next to it.

T3 concept....
http://powersports.honda.com/rune/

click on 'the Dream', then on 'design development', then on 'T3' - see sketch.....recognise it?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
most everyone already knows my opinion on any rumors of new bikes 8)

It's just rumors......no fact......

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
ok....i went and looked up the article.....and this is NOTHING. just talking about designing the Rune itself. The article was from 2003. It's old news. Just talking about how they had hoped the T1 WOULD HAVE BEEN the more popular choice....but wasn't.....the T2 was more popular. So that's what they went with.

As Officer Barbrady would say on South Park "Keep moving on folks, nothing here to see....." :roll:

Yous' guys ...yer' just too much 8)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I guess it all depends on how far into the T1 development they were when they shifted over to the T2. The bottom line is, no one ever knows what Honda is up to until pictures start showing up. No one predicted that Honda would make ANY of the T1-T4 prototypes. Some people still didn't believe the Rune would be made, even after Honda officially announed it.

MCN were the first ones with the Rocket III news and they were the first ones with prototype pics when it still had Valkyrie parts on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts