Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weekend Friday 18th February - Sunday 20th February 2005 a Motorcycle Exhibition took place i Bella Center, Copenhagen under the name of the Exhibition "Motorcykler i Bella" ("Motorcycles in Bella"(in english)).

The danish authorized Honda dealer Vilhelm Nelleman A/S ( www.honda-mc.dk ) was showing a newly imported 2004 stock blue Rune, forward handle bars and chrome wheels.

- Simply the SCOOP of the Exhibition ! - Lots of people all the time at the stand just staring with open mouth ! :shock:

VIN number : (2004) 1HFSC53664A000538

Price tag : DKK 599,994

At current exchange rates :

1 USD = 5.7020 DKK , i.e. DKK 599,996 = USD 105,225 :!:
1 EUR = 7.4440 DKK , i.e. DKK 599,996 = EUR 80,601 :!:

- Taking a closer look at the bike, the rear side covers above the exhaust pipes was missing on both sides of the bike ! :roll: :?:

I asked the Honda sales people at the stand : "How about the far most expensive piece of metal on the bike (the license plate, the registration tax here in Denmark is about 2/3 of the total price tag) ? - can you get that on the bike ? - and when ?" - They coulden´t answer ! - I just got "a long song from warm countries" - they really don´t know if they can get the bike registered here in Denmark - problems with emmision and rear lights that are not in compliance with danish and UE regulations ... :(

There was a lot of focus from the visitors on a red stock 2005 Gold Wing ABS, placed beside the blue Rune - both just awesome bikes !

Price tag of the Gold Wing : DKK 399,995 - and no problems with the registration !

DKK 399,995 = USD 70,150 :!:
DKK 399,995 = EUR EUR 53,733 :!:

Furthermore, I spotted a Candy Black Cherry Rune, rear handle bars and spec47 wheels on the stand of the danish Gold Wing Club, owned by the german dealer Rüdiger Heesch from Flensburg, northern Germany - he had it on the stand as a private person ( www.gl-teile.de ) as well as the danish used Gold Wing dealer Robert Hansen ( www.goldwing.dk ) was at that stand with several second hand GL 1500´s, one quite lonely blue 2004 US GL 1800, a black Valk F6C (very nice! - with six in to six exhaust - must sound awesome ! 8)) and a Valk Interstate - all bikes imported from US as a part of his regular business.

I had a discussion with Rüdiger Heesch about the Rune and the possibilities of getting it on the danish roads : He would guaratee me a legal german license of the bike by opening the exhaust system, installing a catalyst in each muffler and welding the mufflers again, and putting on legal rear ligths complying with german regulations (putting on extra rear lights without drilling the rear fender of the bike - just installed on the bike with a sucktion cup ! - and loose electrical wiring ! - to be removde after beeing at the DMV - and then riding :biker: in to either stationary police controls on the roads or getting "picked up" from the rear by the highway patrols ! :cop2: - loosing both licens plate and (perhaps) driving license ... :oops: :eek:4:

Rüdiger guaranteed me that the german license of the bike would be transferable to Denmark due to UE regulations of harmonization among UE member countries (Denmark is a UE member country, but we have kept our own "local" danish currency - haven´t converted to EUR(yet)).

Rüdiger´s price tag including german VAT and german license tax of a brand new Rune : EUR 32,990 according to his website, i.e. at current exchange rates : DKK 245,577 = USD 43,068.

Deducting 16 percent german VAT refund, adding 25 percent danish VAT and on top of that adding progressional danish license tax on the vehicle - 180 percent on the top - I get a "danish price tag" of approx. DKK 722.000 ... :!:

DKK 722,000 = USD 126,622 :!:
DKK 722,000 = EUR 96,990 :!:

- The US board members would give me the advice : ""Buy danish !" by buying "the danish Rune" - that way you save the cost of a Rune ..." :!: :wink: :D - :pepper1: :money1: :eek:4:

- - - o 0 o - - -

The exhibition was promoted on the danish TV Channel 2 friday morning by danish Gold Wing Club members and Rüdiger Heesch showing off a blue GL 1500 with Escapade trailer and Rüdiger´s Candy Black Cherry Rune - unfortunately - and of course - I was at work - but heard the "voice stream" from the TV Channel by Radio - the host commented the difference between the GW and the Rune by : "If you take off all the plastic of this (the GW) then you get that (the Rune) - is it so ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

- And his question about the GW was : "I can´t see a bathroom nor a closet on/in this - otherwise it´s allmost like a house - perhaps it´s down there (pointing at the Escapade trailer, I think - wasen´t looking, just listening, as mentioned) ... !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Well - the Honda bikes promoted on TV by the danish Gold Wing Club ?! - not the danish Honda Importeur ?! - somebody must be a sleep - I think ! :oops:

- - - o 0 o - - -

By the way : My better half fell in love at the exhibition - in a black VTX 1300 - and I wasen´t a bit jaloux ! : "John - it has only 46 HP´s - I think I can handle it ! (If I get a Cycle driver License ...)" Price tag for the VTX 1300 approx. DKK 127.000) - I´m also looking out for a red second hand Volkswagen Lupo 3L (diesel, 100 km on 3 litres of diesel) for her for the moment - I think she is comming hard on my wallet for the moment ... :wink: :!:

- - - o 0 o - - -

I had a really nice Saturday in Copenhagen ! 8) (even without looking at other well shaped items at Wonder Bar near Vesterbrogade in the Center of Copenhagen ...)

- JUST The Rune just DID IT ! 8)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Danish Rune

Just come to America and become a citizen, look at the :money1: you can save on a" RUNE" :amflag:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Batman ....

Well, Batman,

I have a daugther - 14½ years old now - I´m not living with her on a "daily basis" - but I have to stay near to her - just to "follow, support, stimulate and encourage" her in her personal development ....she has a plan to become a veterinarian Doctor - she loves horses ! (without beeing a ******* ! :) )

- And she loves the Rune ! : "Pa´why aren´t you just buying it ?! - and what about me ?! - where am I going to be on the Bike ? It has "only" a single seat at stock ! - you must buy a Corbin seat and some passenger foot pegs too !" :)

- Perhaps when I retire - I´m cashing out and going to Sun City in AZ (not for playing Golf !), or "ever sunny CA", or perhaps Chuck´s "sunshine state" (I´ve heard the relative humidity of the air beeing high, and sometimes unpleasant - is that correct ?) to ride the Rune or it´s descessor (imagine how it will be 8) !)... who knows ...

Batman - You posted just while I was editing my fixed signature on my profile !! ... :wink:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And here it ended up floor sitting ....

At Frankies MC Center, Randers, Denmark ...

- A snapshot taken by my stepson Rune, while I was removing a sticker saying something like "Hands off !" :oops: :lol: :

- and the right sving arm cover still missing (transportation damage :?: )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts