Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, unfortunately I need a set of new tires, they are the original ones that came with the bike and it's time for fresh rubber. Since they are out of stock everywhere I found these; Battlax T32 140/70R-18 and Battlax T31 190/55-17. wanted to know if anyone here had experience with installing these tries, especially installing a rear purpose tire in the front.

Thank you.......

Automotive tire Font Rim Screenshot Magenta

· Registered
75 Posts
"Your best bet maybe is to do a search, use Battlax, use 140/70-18, use Bridgestone, use rear tire, etc..
There's a very long thread on the topic, up from where you posted this thread.
The topic has been covered over and over and over. The topic of tires is probably one of the top topics on this forum.
Rear tires have been used on the front since the early days of the Rune for one reason or another.

Different tire manufactures have different thoughts or instructions on the topic if that matters.
One will not recommend a rear on the front, one will say to mount in correct rotation-not to reverse it,
one will void the warranty if you mount a rear on the front. Some members have concerns about insurance or
getting someone (shop) to mount it, not all will install a rear in the front position.

In the end, a rear tire on the front has been done repeatedly by Rune owners.
It comes down to being an individual choice."

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally hear you on that, I personally dont have a problem putting a rear tire on the front wheel, my Rune is a show piece, I take it out once it a while so it's not big deal. I would never do that on any other of my bikes but I will do it for this one I guess, just wanted to see if anyone here tried these tires before.
And I have a tire machine so I'm not worried about the dealer not wanting to install it.
Thank you Rune Gearhead :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts