Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All: I know this is old hat to this board, but after three VTX's, I have a new Rune in my garage. NEVER< and I mean NEVER has a bike caught my attention the way this has. And everywhere I ride it, people stop me to chat. Cars pass by and give me the thumbs up. Simply incredible. What a bike. I am totally Runed for life... Next up, a windshield so I can hang on better over 100 -- that's only KM's in Canada. Great site, by the way. Lurking helped me make the decision. It is so unique.

Chris. (Cdnstr)

·
Registered
385 Posts
cdnstr said:
everywhere I ride it, people stop me to chat. Cars pass by and give me the thumbs up. Simply incredible. What a bike. I am totally Runed for life...

Chris. (Cdnstr)
Congratulations Chris it doesn't stop it just gets better!
I'm having my Rune custom pinstriped buy a local veteran custom painter.
He came buy the house today to look the Rune over and said it is the coolest motorcycle he has seen!
He sees Hotrod cars and motorcycle of all types every day He first asked if I had built it?
Enjoy your Rune and welcome.

Todd

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dream Machining

Todd: Appreciate the links.. especially the Dream Machining... here I go again.. more chrome :lol: .. I was trying to find the link for Ultimate Machining from the site.. Had a 97 Valk before, thought I had kicked the chrome habit..not.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Our Canadian Friend

CDNSTR..welcome aboard...
Where bouts in Canada....I know it's a big country.... but if I don't ask ...you could be near me and I would never know... I am in the UP of Michigan 130 miles west of Sault Ste Marie, Ontario on the southern shore of Lake Superior... Munising area. I now am into my 2nd riding season on my Rune... every day I just want to pinch myself...can't believe how lucky I am to own this machine... :pepper1: :pepper1: :pepper1:

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Bling Bling, hope you have a large stock of wax and Windex.
Just a quick question, since you just bought your RUNE is there a 04 or 05 sticker on the neck?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Chris,

Great to have you join us. The fun has just begun owning your Rune. ... Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its on 04 Illusion Blue, had Zero Kms on it ...

Interesting story.. Last summer, my friend who owns an exclusively Honda dealership in Markham north of Toronto ( that's where I hail from to answer one of the questions!) suggested we buy it off of the floor plan, and share it.. he gets it some weekends, I get it some others. So we shared the financing and stored it over the winter... just brought it out a few weeks ago... he put the first 300 kms on it, and I have had it since. The dealer plates are coming off of it on Friday, and the ownership is being transferred to moi! I have bought about five bikes from him -- what a way to get hooked on the Rune tho.. to have it for a few rides... so its an 2004 Illusion blue (the only colour here in Canada) and one of 90 evidently brought in by Honda and sold here. It was built in July 2003... serial no. ends with 0027 I think.Gotta tell ya, I almost bought it directly last year.. but the money seemed so big... now I see its just the BEST DEAL anywhere... Just came in from a three hour ride... Gonna go over and see my friend Des at Ultimate Seats.. he used my VTX's as prototypes.. so gonna see about one of his Rune LowRiders in [email protected]!

·
Registered
236 Posts
cndstr,

Congrat's on your purchase.

I hail from a town about 30 east of the Peace Bridge at Fort Erie .... so if you ever in the area stop by and say hello.

My wife and I both ride, and just about every Sunday we take a 200 / 300 mile road trip around NY / PA area.

Send or post your Info and I'll add your bike to the VIN List.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts