Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Yeah, that does sound VERY familiar 8)
That is with both slide closures open fully, 1.5".
I think that was done sometime last December :!:
Thanks to Chuck and our Danish friend,play it again Sam :!:
Rich K ( Rune, Val, Wing, Ski )

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks Chuck !

Chuck,

Thanks for being so persistent getting that file up on putfile :D :yes: :!:

(And about the sound (without starting a new thread on this issue) : WOW :!: - now I understand all what has been written by the drilling guys ! ...)

- Very good initiative to do this sound clip, Rich :!:

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is the first time I have heard what a drilled Rune exhaust sounds like. Can I be the lone voice of dissatisfaction with the way that sounds? I absolutely LOVE the way it sounds at idle but I am less than thrilled with the way it sounds being revved up. I especially don't like the way it sounds coming down in RPMs. Idle is sweet.

It kinda reminds me of when I cut the piggies and drilled my Valkyrie pipes through the first set of baffles. The results, for me, were the same. And with the Valkyrie, I got an annoying buzz in my ears at highway cruising speed.

Maybe it's just my younger ears that are more sensitive. :D

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
RuneSpyder,
at cruising speed you dont hear the engine at all, even drilled out! All I hear is the wind noise.

The sound clip does no justice to the actual presence of the sound at "start up" The clip sounds like the microphone was put inside someones helmet.

ken

·
Registered
534 Posts
Suggestion for further development

Hi all,

Would it be an idea to produce sound clips similar (in similar situations, for comparison purposes) to those placed on the Honda Rune website of Honda´s, and upload them to www.putfile.com ? - and the question is would anyone bother to do it ?

I still acknowledge Rune Ski´s initiative - it must be better than drilling with out having a clue of the outcome, in total "blindness" (or should I say "deafness") ...

Ken , Your comments are certainly relevant as material supplementary information.

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Ken,
Of course you won't get the true sound of what it sounds like as if you are right there ( Is it LIVE or MEMOREX :?: ). What I should have done,if time permitted would be to close the slides and then open them. But I figured most folks knew what the bike sounded like stock and they could get an idea of the sound with the holes drilled.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts