Rune Rider Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
there are 49 state Runes and California Runes (emissions)

(1) All Runes 50 State Legal? | Rune Rider Forums (runeriders.com)
Ah. I understand now. California is a jacked-up. So once a bike hits 7500 miles it can be brought into California. With a quick glance at the linked forum, they came up with the same law. I assume any Rune I buy will have over 7500. If not, then there is a decent chance it's close and I can get the miles up before I register it here in Ca. If not, perhaps I can work with the owner to make things work. Changing an electronic odometer reading is relatively straightforward, but not a grey area I am all that interested in venturing into.

What's the difference from the factory?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I was born & raised in San Diego. I am in Santa Cruz now, but I would take a Rune from almost anywhere in North America. I'm not sure I fully understand the second half of your post.
We have a member in Milpitas, if you want to see one up close. Bill would probably talk your ear off; answering questions you didn't ask. But I guarantee his bike is clean...

Too bad you're on the wrong side of the border or I'd sell you one of my extra Runes...

skip

·
Registered
18 Posts
We have a member in Milpitas, if you want to see one up close. Bill would probably talk your ear off; answering questions you didn't ask. But I guarantee his bike is clean...

Too bad you're on the wrong side of the border or I'd sell you one of my extra Runes...

skip
If you can connect me with Bill, I would be incredibly grateful!
Skip, are you up in Canada? The boarder won't be closed forever, I can wait so good. Lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
top/center of link below (link to online parts catalog) shows 04 NRX1800EB or the Rune and two version of that A and AC ...the AC is for the California version of the Rune. AC will list a Canister that's not found on the A version, there are other items as well, another one being the ECM/ECU, each version A or AC has it's own. There also have different preset idle settings, for more just research the parts catalog,S/M, O/M, or ask Bill.

2004 Honda OEM Motorcycle Parts | Partzilla.com

if you're looking for difference in Runes, you know that there are only two model years 04 and 05, those two model years have difference between them, small differences that can be seen and differences in updated parts that solved problems that SOME 04's had.

there is no need to tamper with the speedo to alter it's mileage... speedo is held in place by 4 screws/bolts, once those are removed it's an electrical connection and it's out. All one needs to do is swap it with one that has the mileage one is looking for, once done, swap back. The speedo stores the mileage in it's computer, it's not stored in the ECM/ECU.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm open to advice

If I was purchasing a used Rune, I would verify it has a VIN STICKER with it, doesn't need to be on the bike frame, just needs to have it. In post #8 of this thread the second picture shows the VIN STICKER and a stamped in number that matches the VIN, the one on the frame neck stamped in is the FRAME SERIAL NUMBER, the VIN STICKER has the VIN. This info is in the S/M pg 1-2 & 1-3. Along with being in O/M pg 188-189. While the numbers will match (?), one is the frame serial number, one is the VIN. VIN sticker has other info as well.

Link to online S/M, O/M, Wiring Diagram. Info provided by Nate/RuneLoon.

Service Manual http://www.themonies.com/rune/manuals/Rune04ServiceManual.pdf

Owners Manual http://www.themonies.com/rune/manuals/Rune04OwnersManual.pdf

Wiring diagram: http://www.themonies.com/rune/manuals/Rune_Wiring-v1.pdf

Reactions: Afghanpilot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for the manuals!
Im looking at PartZilla and I'm seeing 4 versions DA, DB, EA, & EB. Then each of those are split between the standard(A) and California(AC) versions. I haven't gone through everything, but I'm wondering if there are major differences between the A & B versions of the D & E versions.Why are there a D & E versions?

·
Registered
79 Posts
DA, DB, EA, EB, VIN/Model break down

Serial Number / Model Code Breakdown / 04 and 05 Models | Rune Rider Forums (runeriders.com)

I took this picture of a VIN sticker (below) from another post.

It shows build date (upper right) 5/04, Model (lower left) NRX1800EB, EB being Chrome Wheels with rear set handle bars. Now that's the way it came from the crate, many Runes have been altered. Bars swapped out (usually B bars for A Bars, Spec 47 or painted wheels for chrome ones).

View attachment 20973

·
Registered
18 Posts
This was some incredible information! I know I could have dug around and eventually found this, but this helped me a ton. Thank you!

I'd even be curious to know what they plan to ask for it...
It is still in their "backlot" awaiting service inspection. Sounds like they'll call me back later this week with details. The guy texted me three photos and another bike of the same color sits right behind the Rune. It doesn't make the Rune look any less spectacular.

·
Administrator
6,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes, that picture is......was......of my.....er.....ugh.....Sherry's (my wife) bike. Yep, that's it. Still in the back lot ....figures. They move slow...............

·
Administrator
6,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Does that mean you'll have a second Rune for sale soon ;)
Nope. The black one stays with me until at least I can't ride anymore.....if not....till "death do us part". It by the way is in even BETTER shape...as in even more immaculate. Though it does have a few more miles on it (I think about 44k....haven't looked lately). It also has more goodies/options on it than hers did. And the modified exhaust. But again, not going anywhere. If I sell another bike (still have 3), it will likely be a Valkyrie.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts