Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from 3 days in Sequoia and Kings Canyon park here in California. I could not believe the amount of people (tourists) from other parts of the world that stopped to take pictures of the Rune. I had a woman from France run out of the bus and chase me to a parking spot. All she said was "take picture, take picture". Plus many others. There were twp German guys. I didn't speak german, they didn't speak english. But, when I fired it up and they heard the sound. We all understood RUNE!
If you want a nice ride, try the mountains in Sequoia park at sunrise at 7,000 feet. The mountains in Colorado are nice also but to far away. By the way, my Oxford tail pack is still in Denver (that loop around Denver heading west). I never found it after it launched off the Rune at about 90 MPH. Someone found a nice pack.

The sequoia run was about an 820 mile run. (total mileage) I used a KELTY 3100 REDWING backback (3100 Cubic inches), the lower large portion of a Tourmaster magnetic tri-bag tank bag, and a Joe Rocket Manta bag (magnetic) on the rear fender. I have the fender covered with static cling plastic from Chapparall cycle. A strap is connected to a bolt under the seat to prevent loss of the bag. I had a large digital camera, binoculars, spare tire kit, and first aid kit in the manta pack. Its a nice little around town pack. I just leave it on the bike. (about $40) I also had a modified camelbak mounted on the outside of the backpack.

The ride back was 194 miles to home. (106 degrees) The rune averaged 45MPG at 75-80 MPH.
Reserve started flashing at 199 miles on my way to the gas station.

The front METZ 880 tire now has over 8,000 miles on it. It will go at least another 2,000 miles. And that is not pushing it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Anytime your in the area again we'll have to meet. You passed through my neck of the woods. I would have loved to ride up with you in mine. I also have a friend in Fresno with a Rune. So three would definitly not have been a crowd.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.