Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone from the jersey gang :!:
Ski bum I saw Gene tonight and he wants to know if you will be going to the polar bear ride in Snydersville Pa. this Sunday. If you are, give him a shout at 1-848-391-9372, I can't make it, have to work.
Take care,
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Rich
Sorry doesn't look good for Sunday, I've started stripping down the RUNE for winter (see my latest posted pic in gallery). It's supposed to rain on Sunday any way.
I've got Gene's # if I get done by Saturday I'll give him a call.

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,
Stripping her down for winter, Brrrrrrrrr your maken' me cold sayin' that :) . What are you doin' to her John??
Maybe I'll see you some time in the next month or so, if the weather cooperates and it don't snow on us.
Stay warm, :wink:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Rich
I'm up in the woods here and it on Monday and the roads where SALTED, the 2 local road Dept. boys, both ride (04 1800 VTX and 04 Road Star) so they keep our town roads clean and the corners swept but we also have county roads and they just pour on the grit and salt :x . So rather then be tempted by "just a quick ride" and end up 2 hours from the garage, covered in salt, I'm taking her apart.
I'm doing an S treatment on all the paint (looks like glass now) and Semi-Chrome on chrome and 3 coats wax on everything.
I'm also looking for (and finding :twisted: ) locations for my
under lighting - Red neon or LED, not sure which one yet
music - thinking MP3, but having a hard time finding speakers small enough (1 1/2" or 2")
Incorporating the rear blinkers into the Tail lights, I want this location for the saddle bags when necessary.
The front brackets for the signals will be getting painted gloss black or chromed (their killing me ever time I clean the front end)
The Tac. location - the VTX is getting a Cobra one next week, so I'll see what that looks like, but I want digital and smaller than the ones I've seen on here
The Temp. location
The Paint Theme
The Windshield will wait until I'm down in Dayton in March so I can see what the Corbin looks like up close.
Rear foot pegs, I've got the Corbin rumble seat (the wife ordered it the first night the RUNE came home)
MORE POWER, there has to be something I can do to beat the 2 V-Rods I ride with. If I have to go NOS I will, the VTX is getting his in Jan. (notice I use him as my guinea pig)
Of course more pointy shiny treats from the East end of Alligator Alley, (I've found 5 more locations so far Tom)
I'm one of those guys who has to know where every thing is and how it works. I've got to have it all done by Feb (daughter is getting married) so I can spend some time in Fla. (2 months) riding around.

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John,
I see your point. I would be doing the same thing.
I installed the Kuryakyn red Spider lights under my rear fender ( 2 lights per side, had to make small brackets in order to install them) 1 light under each side of the .059 thick S/S mirror image RuneSki side covers, 2 each side above the valve covers and 2 above the radiator.
Tom and co. make some high quality rad lookin' Rune items. I've got a few on my baby :wink: .
Hope to see you within the next few weeks. I will be laid off until January 17 after this Sunday.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Rich
I need to see how your Spider lights look, can you take a pic and post it? I received my tank and banjo bolts today from Tom, yea more toys!
I definitely want to get together with you and see those Runeski side covers. I try to work only 6 months a year and I don't have any work going right now, so anytime the weather gives us a break we'll have to meet. What part of Jersey are you in? I'm really tempted to but the RUNE back together for Sunday's ride, but I'm fighting the urge to ride. Maybe I’ll take the Wing out, bummer I bet no one will even notice it.

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John,
Both Gene and I live in Howell. Right next door to Freehold. You will have to wait to see it up close and in person. I'm not that advanced to post pics. yet :(
Already got that stuff waiting for more from Tom and Co. :wink:
Talk later,
Rich K ( Rune Ski )
P.S
You mentioned your a football fan? Watch McNabb and T.O do the Skins on Sunday nite!

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John,
Did you didn't buy your Rune from Fairway Honda in Somers point or Cycle World in Cherry Hill N.J.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Rich,
I got my RUNE off of E-Bay from a guy on Long Island. It had only 540 miles on it. From the VIN list, I see it was originally brought in Fla. I don't know how it got up here, but with the low miles it sure wasn't ridden up. I guess I'll be taking a ride down south to check out your lights then, I'll bring a camera so we can take your pics and them I'll e-mail them back to you so you can post them. I don't know what’s up with the board right now, seems that all the pics have been lost, I'll see if they come back or we all might have to repost them again

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
I've been useing Burger's in Three Bridges for tires and parts for my Wing. It's where I saw my first RUNE up close, If I need any work done I can't do myself I guess I'll use them.
Here is what my Rune Looks like at the monent

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jeff,
Your correct. Ken and John Williams ( and the Williams family ) are easy to deal with. Low prices and honest. I purchased my '93 1100 Shadow from them. Since then I sent at least 10 of my friends from Nestles to buy a bike there. I bought my Rune from Cherry Hill. At the time I was ready to buy Fairway sold their alloted 2. Then they received more.
See ya'
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts