Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

My dream dream will com true Friday !!!
I will ADMIRE and TOUCH my first RUNE....quite an exiting experience to come!
The bike as arrived. With a smile in the voice, Minimarvel (THX again) told me she was still in one piece after 2 months of loneliness in jail (even if she traveled with an other fantastic mechanics species, an acrobatic plane).
Friday June 3rd PM, we will remove her from the wooden crate (damage with crow bars by US customs...they wanted to look at her...and could not wait to find a proper screw driver!) and get ready for the last admin contest in UK before managing her to get to the Sunny French Riviera soil.
I am looking forward to the our first meeting...I Will keep you all posted

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dealing with US Customs. UK customs and then French admin. and regulations, you are nuts my Friend and totally insane ...

Kudos to you for your determination in making this happen despite all the stumbling blocks !!

On the other hand, the Rune does deserve this kind of passion and madness,

Long is the road !!

Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hipsy

I saw her on the showroom floor...she was truly beautiful...I saw the crate she was put in and bright and shining pictures (the dealer had her polished to perfection) prior to securing her for her journey to her new home....she is a lucky lady to have one so dedicated to her without even throwing a leg over her prior to purchase... We are all excited for you...we all know the exhilaration of the first ride on this magnificent machine.... Remember..she has more torque than one might expect.....hold on.... :pepper1: Good Luck to the first French Rune Rider... :1st:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had my first Rune RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved her at first site! as you may remember, it was a Rune blind date. I never had seen or touched a Rune before....Yes it was SO GREAT to seat on it, clean it a bit and go for a very short ride between English rain showers.... it was short,10mn, on a "dirt track" under Minimarvel anxious supervision, it was magnificent.
I was not to surprise riding it due to the fact that I owned a 1500cc walkiry before...but apart from that no more comparison this machine is fantastic and gorgeous.
Now it will take an other 2/3 weeks before she hit her French Riviera home ( Homologation, tag, crossing the channel etc...)
I will have a dedicated professional pilot ( acrobatic planes and bikes) providing riding service to me.
I will keep you posted. Maybe Minimarvel will put up pictures of our 2 Runes together (I got all my stuffs stolen, in France, before taking the plane to go and see the bike)
Well that all for today...to be continued...

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi jacques, congratulation!!!! Yes the last few days has been very special. If you read my post i have been in contact with david several time and trying to get hold of you. As you know my rune arrived 2 days before yours. ALAS WITHOUT THE KEYS!!!!!!!! I was so excited we might meet up. Take care Hyn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts