Rune Rider Forums banner

How do you like the new board?

• I like it, I do!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm undecided....need to give it some time

• I don't think i care for it, thanks....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terriffic! A lot cleaner. Even I can use this board. Glad to see it still works at altitude. Not sure how to use the "emoticons" though. I get words instead of pictures. Is it me? Probably! DUH!

greg

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
greg....just click on one of the emoticons to the left of your text...like THIS :oops: and it will insert the appropriate 'info' to display that emoticon. In your text...as you type/edit your message, letters/words will appear. But...when you preview and/or post...the little face will be there!

Try it....and see if the light :idea: doesn't come on....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks REDVALK. Just checking numbers. I see on the board that it says "4 topics " 10 posts. I see 3 topies under the General message board. What am I missing? Don't mean to be a pain, just trying to learn what we have here.

greg (again)

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
Greg...i'm pretty sure the reason it said four topics on the "main" area...but when you got to the general board there were really only three.....is because i had posted a test message last night....with nothing of substance in it. It was just a test message as Lamont and i were checking things out.

So i deleted that message this morning. but apparently the main area still 'thinks' that post is there...or doesn't recognize that it has been deleted...or something like that. There was a 4th topic/thread...in other words....until i removed it. I did it more so to make sure my Moderator privileges were working :twisted:

KEEP ASKING THOSE QUESTIONS. I want you guys to ask...experiment, and realize the full potential of the board. We aim to please....

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Identifing Unread Posts

Gentlemen:

When I go to, say “General Message Board” and under “Topics” all the subject matter text is RED in color. (I assume indicating no posts have been read)

When I click on “Mark all topics read” all the color subject matter text turns BLUE. (Indicating I have read every post)

I think RED colored text means there is a new post I’ve not read and BLUE text means I’ve read everything posted to date. (Is that so?) and (If so how do I make that happen?)

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Thank you Mellow for your instructions; however the functions you’ve described are not working for me.

When I open a message board the color of the text is blue even though I can see someone has added a new post to a topic.

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Off the fence.

I withheld voting until today because too often I jump the gun with an opinion that I latter have to retract or modify.
I would have been happy just the way things were at the old MSN forum, but my vote is…………… “I like it, I do!”.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts