Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the first ever Rune rally, i had spoke of holding the event at Ashville, NC. Well, i was just contacted by a very nice gentleman in Erwin, TN who manages a hotel in that area. It is about 45 miles north of Ashville.

He has made some generous offers to give our group a discount on rooms, use of a picnic pavillion and conference room for free, ride maps of the area (he appears to be a fellow biker)...etc. i'm going to go check out the hotel/area and get back to the membership.

but i have to tell you, i am strongly leaning towards holding the event at this Erwin location. It is right in the middle of all the good riding in that area...so it should work as good as Ashville...with less crowd!

·
Registered
122 Posts
when do y'all plan on holding the rally?
I'll be home for a month in June if y'all havent decided yet.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds Good to me!!

Count me in!! Asheville is a great place and the roads are the best...even the white water is still go at that time... :lol:

Count me and the wife in... :p

Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
Labor Day

I realize there are many considerations, but my personal feelings are that Labor Day weekend is one of the worst possible times to be on the road, seeking hotel rooms, etc.
I`ll probably be there anyways.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tim,

Count me in for two. Labor Day Weekend is OK, as long as food is available on site. Don't like to wait in line to eat. If the date is moved, mid month works out the best for me. It gets a little busy around here at the end / first of the month.

One of the rides I would like to do in that area is, "Tail of the Dragon" at Deals Gap.

Check this link out : http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Also I may trailer to this event. What kind of parking room do they have?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave....and all, i'll be checking out ALL the details on parking, rides, etc. when i go to scout it out end of this month. I too will trailer there...as i will have all the prizes, any supplies, shirts for the rally, etc....with me.

The Dragon eh......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: we need more folks to go to the Poll...

RedValk said:
....and vote on when to hold the event. Or do you mean to tell me that ONLY 7 people are coming?

Have it at Yosemite and we will have 100 there.

Adrian

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Adrian....

...you West coast guys will have to put something on sometime. That's just too far for me to put something on. i'm already putting on another event this year (the Cheaha thing in APril)....plus working on InZane staff in July...plus going to many other rallies.

We have a bunch of folks out here on the 'other coast'. Heck, all them fellas' in NJ and FL alone make up half the planet i think 8)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi Tim If There are others interested in riding up this way I would be glad to do what I could to set something up.
I'm in Redding California and have some great riding up here. http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Lassen.htm
Lassen park is just east of Redding here in Shasta county there's also Barney falls, Fall river mills just to name a few.
Ride Safe!.

Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts