Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, it's been a while since I have had the time to check in,or should I say check out. For some of you who I have been talking with in the past this might come as a shock. But I went and did it I sold the Rune,yep watched it get loaded on a truck today bound for Texas from Calif. I'm going to miss the comments that I got when I rode the bike & of course it's pure power was a blast. But the old back just couldn't withstand the harsh ride let alone the seat and not having another place to put the feet was a big bummer & there was noway I was going to put those starfish pegs on that great looking bike. I think the straw that broke the Runes back was the fact that the resale value was taking a big nose dive, in just 9 months it went from being a 29,000 bike to having a resale value at high retail of only 17,000 I just wonder what would have happen in another year. Owell it's gone I will miss it to a point but it's time to move on. Now to the point of this post in the first place, I will be having some rune stuff that I will be posting to the classified section in the next day or so, for example a brand new never put on the bike Rear Tire, the lift adapter I just purchased a month ago off this board, A new clutch & break master cylinder cover from Ultimate machine & the right chrome side cover that covers the coolent bottle. I will post these ASAP at a price to sell quick,if your interested in any or all of it & you want it soon just email me at [email protected]
Thanks I have really enjoyed myself on this board & will likely continue checking in from time to time.
Brent

·
Registered
236 Posts
rune018,

Sorry to see you leave the Rune behind..... are you going to replace it with another bike? If yes what make / model.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What's up with the resale?

$17,000 is what u let it go for? Wow, what a deal! I really don't understand why u let it go so cheap when the 05's retail for $25,000 plus. Was it that u were extremely motivated or what? I've had mine nearly two years with less than 3000 miles, and with Corbin accessories I wouldn't dream of asking less than 21k. What's up with that?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way, would I let it go for 17,000,with shipping and everything the lady paid 20,250.00, The high bluebook on a 2004 with chrome wheels & pull back bars is approx. $17.000,so there you have it. Oh and as far as the other question yes I have ordered another bike I'm getting a 2006 Harley Davidson NightTrain FXSTBI with a factory custom paint job. I am looking forward to getting it. I still have my 2002 VTX 1800C sitting around for when I really want to go fast. I hear that honda maybe introducing one of the other original T concepts in 06 or 07,so I may have to get me one of those but I will wait and see.Talk to ya soon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
rune018,

Glad to hear about the new bike coming. I have a 91FXTSC and it was the first new Harley I bought.You mentioned the Rune ride was a little harsh for you. I don't think the NightTrain will be much better. Have you given a Road King any thought ? The ride IMHO is better than the Soft Tail models, HD has three models of the "King" . Stop by your dealer and check them out . 06 might just be the last year of air cooled Harleys. 07 EPA regs is going to hurt the air cooled market..... because of the variable engine temp the are having a tought time passing the reg. Good luck with what ever you end up with and check in every once in a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts