Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this has been brought up, but I was wondering what you guys thought about upgrading the Rune's to Splitfire spark plugs. I put some in my 420SEL and it accelerates stronger than new. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Dang, I just bought 6 plugs for my Rune. I say: buy them, and try them! And give us a report!

Well, after reading the comments below, and the fact that my plugs worked flawlessly 8,000 miles beyond the reccomended change interval... I am staying with the Honda plugs!

Ken (24,250 miles)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi 4speed,

j do not know the working temperature of these spark plugs.
Rune has a too rich mix, too cold spark plugs may be web too warm may be dirty.
should be interesting to find four eletrods spark plugs, j have not yet checked mine, j am waiting an Hal direct line supply including a plug set.

ciao

Hannibal

·
Registered
88 Posts
I installed them on my old Valk and also a car. They made no difference and in my opinion was a waste of money.

Adrian

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm a auto mechanic and I would agree with Adrian.
I have seen nothing but problems with cars that have had split fire plugs in them.
usually small derivability problems that turn into bigger problems.
I would stick to using Honda plugs and stay away from split fires there a wast of money IMO.
Todd

·
Registered
340 Posts
Split fire plugs

I used split fires years ago and never noticed a difference at the time. I also have talked to several auto parts stores locally about them recently and several have said that because they have more spark, they tend to run hotter and this can and has caused problems with the engine blocks/rings etc.. getting a different temp then they were designed for. Haven't known anyone personally with problems with them but just thought I'd pass along what I've heard.

·
Registered
78 Posts
As with most I think they are a waste of money. Had them in my truck and two of them broke on the inside and completely grounded out in less then 500 miles. With this engine I would stay with what Honda tested with unless of course your racing on the track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts