Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey Hey! Air horns are great, just don't mount them where they can be seen. Those air horns on my 99 have saved my ass more than once!

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
i agree with HS. I have the air horns on my 97....but mounted UNDER the bike...under the exhaust where you can't see them. and yes, they have saved my a$$ MANY times. I believe in them...but won't be doing them on the Rune. But they are VERY worthwhile on my Valk. Of course, i would NEVER mount them where you could see them...as they would be 'gaudy' looking :oops:

·
Registered
486 Posts
The stock horn is a auto style horn, I bet a Blazer car horn from Autozone or some other car parts supplier would work. You would have to remove the radiator cowling to change it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, maybe I should have clarified my statement. I'm sure they work fine, but they sure were U-G-L-Y when people were mounting them out in the open.

·
Registered
486 Posts
your right RuneSpyer, it looks like they have the brass section of some orchestra mounted on the side of their bike, I think Redvalk nailed it,
GAUDY!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey watch it

I have my dual air horns mounted in plain site on my VTX Retro 1800 and they look cool and sound great. I wouldn't mount them on the Rune, they just don't flow with the bike but lets not get personal here or I'll have to make a wave file and fix it so when you log in you'll hear those beautiful air horns every time you make a key board move...just kidding about making the wave file.

Its nice to know that you folks have opinions and aren't shy about sharing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts