Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people would be interested in a digital tach if it were mounted on the handle bar where the instrument panel is .
you would remove the old instrument panel and install the new one with a digital tach in it. you would still have every thing else look the same .
Thanks,
Tom Jr.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tach Pic

It will look something like thees two pics

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh Yeah... Thats what i have been waiting for! I would DEFINITELY buy that!

BigRedRider

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tach

Nice! :D

Would all of the other lights etc still look the same? In other words would it look stoch except for the tach and how far out would it stick? The 2 pics look different is one of the tach without the cover and the second with the cover hiding the oval?

Price would be good to know.

Also, could you hang a clock and a thermometer like the formotion products off of the bolts? (Don't mean to goldwingize things but sometimes you just need to know the time & temp drops).

Thx,

NH BIll
8)

·
Registered
390 Posts
The second one definitely gets my vote, it looks like OEM. That's what the Rune should have shipped with.
(Any chance of making it with a bar graph display. I know Dakota used to do one, don't know if they still do)
Nice work!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sweet home run

bottom photo is as clean as it could ever get I'll by one, that should have been stock :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tom,

I would certainly be interested in the tach. In addition, I very much appreciate the array of other products you have made available. I am taking a temporary time out from spending on my bike. But come spring I will be purchasing a number of the items you have already made available.

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Tom,
It looks like you've got a Dakota Digital HLY-5021 (3.5-inch x2-inch x1.75-inch) shown in your pic.
The display is just too large for me.
The HLY-6000 is much smaller and sleeker looking but........is not only a Tach
Are you planning on making a new housing? If so maybe the HLY-1027 (Measuring 2.7 inches wide by 1.8 inches high) or the HLY-1211 (I like the 1211, I couldn't find the dimensions for it but it looks to be the same height as the 1027 just wider) could be used.
Here is the link, see what you think
http://www.american-made.com/amstore/dakota_odyssey.htm
I couldn't find them on the Dakota site?????

Hey you added a second pic!!!!!
Guess I shouldn't take so long to compose these posts
I like the looks of the finished product.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I prefer the looks of the 2nd/bottom photo and would most definitely consider adding it to my majestic beast. An excellent job, man!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Tach

I like the looks of the second but would prefer the first if it included.... Compass (my first pick even before a Tach) and Thermometer.... and clock if you could squeeze it in... but not as important as the 2 noted...

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Food fot thought

Tom, I’ve got to go with Rick Oas on this.

I think the compass, clock and thermometer are good ideas, but why not also include a DVD, VCR, AM, FM, Broadband, Palm Pilot, Satellite Dish, Digital Camera, Emergency Flashers, Bata Tape Deck, Video Camera, Temperature Gage, Wind Velocity Indicator, Altimeter, VOR, Ice Maker, and a small cedar lined compartment for a change of closes.

That should be all, we don’t want for it to get cluttered.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Good job Toms', the bottom one looks cool, would be better if the number display was white like the speedo. But, it's not for me, I don't
need a tach I shift when the rev limiter tells me to ! :twisted:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts