Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE BAD-They send my Rune without the keys! Total bill including
airfreight,duty,vat and all cost came to 60% ( aprox.$11,000) plus bike.

THE UGLY-The wait, the shippimg agent and today i discover my baby radiator cover on both side are cracked and damaged!

THE GOOD- Despite of everything she look a million dollars, a unique,magnificence, handsome beast! after riding her briefly she sound awsome and majestic! Althought she very heavy for my lightweight figure!(9st) she's going to bring many smiles to people here. Best wishes to all Hyn.

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
I’m happy for you, my friend.

Take it easy until you get a feel for the heavy machine; keep the front wheel straight.

It won’t be long before it becomes a part of you. But be careful once you get 31,000 miles on the Rune you will become a part if it.

You’ll start giving mileage reports every time you go to the store for a loaf of bread.
You’ll start telling total strangers how many pit marks you have on the front fender.
You may feel compelled to put more lights on it that the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.
You could be inspired to take cross country trips with a back-pack so large it rivals the dearly departed Hindenburg.
You might start commandeering leather clad Vixens to perch on the Rune.
Lastly the compulsion to blast a hole in your muffler the size of a cantaloupe could overpower you.

So………Take it easy.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I did a search

Chuck,

I did a search on the danish Net Doctor, typed the symptoms You described above of this specific compulsive disorder, and it came up with :

RUNEMANIA !

- Under treatment for the disorder the following was written : "No cure developed by Honda Yet.- And actually we here at Net Doctor don't believe Honda will develop a cure that will consist of anything else than changing the object of the compulsive disorder."

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
No, No, No Doctor John, the symptoms described above is not “RUNEMANIA”, it’s called Ken-A-Lunacy.

A rare, but not fatal, affliction that is found mostly in the Central Eastern portion of the U.S.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
32,000 miles today!
There, I did not "sign" my entry with my breadstore mileage 8)

I had to drive up to Portsmouth VA on Wed, and return today. 417 miles from garage to hotel parking. 6 hours flat going and 6'10" today on the return because of rain squalls slowing down the I-95 crowd.

It appears my Rune (which has now become an appendage to my body, per SiteData), is getting better gas mileage with the Evans coolant. 40 mpg at 82 mph. I dont think it was a tail wind.

Please don't keep your Rune in the garage all clean and pretty, and then post pictures showing us how well you keep the dust bunnies off her! All that machinery has its own Karma. the path of the Rune's Karma is to RIDE, not SHOW and eventually return to Earthly corruption one mile at a time.

Per SiteData's ribbing, I will henceforth stop taking a bale of fresh underwear in my big pack, and will just wear what I need for long trips. But if my Vixen complains and cuts me off, then I may need to reconsider. But his advice is always heart felt and spot on!

Ken

·
Registered
534 Posts
Like Your post

Ken,

I just like Your post :!:

The short version of it would be put this way by our Site admin Lamont : "Riding the Rune isen't a fashion statement - it's a passion !" 8) :yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts