Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I am a new member to the board and currently searching for my dream Rune. Here in Australia Honda have decided in their wisdom to have only imported the Rune in small numbers (10) for the whole country and do NOT intend to import any more.
So I would now be looking at a personal import from the States soon, could some board members that may know the answers to questions below reply for me.
Thanks in advance.
1. Is it possible to change the speedo readout from Miles to Kilometers without changing the whole digital readout?
2. Is there difference headlight for left and right hand side of the road riding? ( reflector shape maybe?)
3.What is the degree and choice of second hand Runes in the States? ( are they difficult to find?)

·
Registered
692 Posts
ciao from italy
j purchased my rune into the states and it was the first rune caming in UE
yes you may change from miles to km following manual instructions. it is very easy using the two controls of digital setting
from what j may see the headlight is equal left and right, j adjusted the light level opening the up headlight. it is very easy but j diud not get care about the horizontal adjustment
about the last point the US rune bross will give to you any news. check previous messages you will find some news.
ciao
get your rune it is fantastic.
Hannibal

·
Registered
146 Posts
Rune availability

Availability of runes new and used is good here in the US.

I bought mine (to be delivered tonight at 8 p.m.!) from a listing on this board. Has 5.4 k miles and several thousand dollars in options. Final price was well below $20,000 USD.

There may be a few new 2004s still in dealer hands, but they seem to think they are made of gold. 2005s are easy to get, I am told, by those dealers that sold more than their allotment of 2004s.

I was offered a new 2005 for 27,500 USD out the door here in Boulder Colorado, though they didn't have it in stock. In Tampa, Florida, at a dealer that claimed to have sold 9 2004 models, I was offered the same 2005 model for $30,000 out the door. There are better deals to be had.

You have a lot of options. Find someone here in the US to do the research for you and locate a good deal for a used one. Contact a high volume dealer in Florida or California and work out a deal for a new one and have them ship it to you. Check the old posts in the For Sale area of this board, and you will find a couple internet links that seem to have a lot of dealers with availablity and high prices.

Several people have posted here that they were able to buy a brand new 2004 for under $20,000 out the door. If you contact one of them, maybe they will share their secrets.

Good luck in your search. If I can be of any help, send me a pm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now thats service

Hi everyone, I am blown away by the support and help I have received by my post here. I did at first think I was out there on my own when I started looking, the Honda dealers treated me like I was a freak!

I will follow up on the suggestions and PM`s that I have received, once again thank you ALL very much.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Runenigma, I bought mine from Honda East Ohio ( 419 891 1230, ask for ed Coucher ) for $22,000 which included air freight to the UK. They were very used to air-freighting abroad. The whole process was absolutely painless and I had the bike within a week of my telephone order. Local taxes and import duty bump up the price quite a bit so check them out first.
When I unpacked the Rune from the crate at the airport the whole of the baggage handling department came to a stop and gathered around the bike. They even called the folks down from the office to see it. They only disperced when the manager came along, went nuts and ordered everyone back to work. He then spent the next 20 minutes taking to me about the Rune.
You'll get used to it believe me.

BTW www.cycletrader.com is a good source for Runes. You'll see several pages of them and you can compare prices. Play one off against the other for pricing. That's what I did. I didn't mention to the dealer that the company that were competing with on price didn't ship to the UK though.
Another source of course is e-bay if you don't mind the riskyer element

1 - 7 of 7 Posts