Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Page 6-62 of the service manual describes how to inspect engine idle speed, but it really looks like an inspection of throttle-body synchronization. It says to check that the vacuum difference is within 30 mmHg, and if not, check the usual: valve clearance, ignition timing, and clogged exhaust. If these aren't causing the problem, replace the throttle-body assembly. They have to be kidding: What's the matter with adjusting the synchronization screws like I do with the 6 carbs on my CBX? Has anyone else looked at this?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I wondered about that lack of "getting down into the weeds" with the throttle body assy. Especially if this bike is a one of a kind, and will have to have parts custom machined 20 years from now. IN the meanwhile, I have no problems and am trying hard to get to 50,000 miles before the year is out. And 200,000 miles before parts get hard to find.

Ken (34,150 miles)

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
KenCrawleySC said:
IN the meanwhile, I am trying hard to get to 50,000 miles before the year is out. And 200,000 miles before parts get hard to find.

Ken (34,150 miles)
OK, and what will you be doing Thursday?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts