Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D after 7 months of saving and waiting i have finally bought a blue rune from Atlanta GA. Now the worry begin as this is the first time i bought anything from aboard. The best quote i have for shipping is $2,000 airfreight including crating, time 3 to 4 weeks then add 25% duty and vat on top of everything!! I have wired fund over in total trust , it was rather scary. I have yet to see the Rune for real. After being on this website i convince myself and took the plunge. I am hoping there will be no major problems. :excited:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Rune

Great:!!
Just hope you will carefully control your shipping agent to avoid bad suprises. I have had difficulties due to a stupid US shiping agent...all together, shiping the bike is now suppose to take 6 weeks...

·
Registered
852 Posts
PlanetRune1

Congratulations! Let us know when you take possession of your Rune. You are going to love your bike. ... Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
I really liked all the images of the bike I had seen. But nothing compares to the first time I actually saw the bike in person. I'll never forget the moment. I've actually forgetten the first momemnt I laid eyes on my wife. But not my Rune. I feel comfortable telling you this story because my wife has never logged onto this board.

Should she log on for the first time, I just want to say thanks to all the members for their valuable input - and it has been nice knowing you.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good post !

Firefit5,

8) :yes: :lol: - good post :!:

It's noticed that you're not using a signature :!:

- Are You pressing "Ctrl" - "Alt" - "Delete" when Your wife is looking over Your shoulder at Your screen when You're hooked up on the Board :!: :lol:

- Give us Your explanation of Your nickname :!:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I choose firefit because I am a fire captain and paramedic in my 23rd year of service. And I do some running and distance/endurance type activities to stay fit. I'll be doing a 100 mile backpacking trip around the base of Mt. Rainier in July.

If I am not back by August 10th I would like my Rune to be cut into small pieces with a plasma tourch and thrown from an aircraft circling the mountain.

·
Registered
37 Posts
..........not afraid of fire
..........not afraid of blood
..........not afraid of long treks deep into the wilderness

But when my wife barks I sometimes scream like a jumior high school girl.

Thanks for kind wishes on my trek, and I'll try to find a worthy photo to post when it's over........

·
Registered
534 Posts
To Chuck

Chuck,

- Aren't you a bit out of line here ? - remember what You agreed on when signing up on this Board !

If I use my web dictionary, I get the following (translated in to english):

Pussy = Cat, (vulg) (that must mean vulgarly expression), then one of several danish words (one among others) for the vulgarly expression for the female private parts.

Wimp (I remember You using that word on an other post) = dishcloth, or man without guts.

Then I remember Rich Oas and Hogslayer using the word : " Wussy" on two separate posts ..

Is that a combination of being a pussy and a wimp ? - is that not being a pimp (different combination) ?

·
Registered
534 Posts
"Simon says"

Many years ago, I had a buddy called Simon.

One year, he was so lucky to purchase a 850 ccm two in row Ducati (IMHO it sounded like sh*t, like loose screws in the engine, but never mind) (I hope you take no offense, Hannibal).

Next year he made a successful "acquisition" of a very nice girl friend called Annette.

She was so happy riding with him that she stated : "I want my own bike !"

He bought her a four in row Honda CB 400.

The next year they went on summer holiday on each bike - he on his Ducati, she on her CB 400 - just south of Hamburg, approx. 300 km´s from here, she went on her a** with the bike on the German highway - fortunately she wasn't run down by cars from the rear - but the summer holiday on wheels was ditched - they had to go north - home.

- And she had to make stop at every picnic area going north (her bike wasn't damaged more than she could ride it) : "My arms hurt so much !" - Crying ..... And Simon said - most irritated (due to the failed summer holiday) : "Lets go on so we can get home ! ...":

- Next time she attended the club house with BOTH arms in cast (both arms were broken while riding approx. 300 km´s home again), one of my buddies asked her : "Did they shave You on the breast while they had "work in progress" ?"

- Chuck, was that lovely girl a pussy or a wimp ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.