Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i was watching access hollywood tonight and tom cruise rode 2 up with his fiance' on a black cherry rune on the hollywood strip ,the announcer said it was a red honda yea ,i guess she couldn't pronounce RUNE ! well it goes to show ya if its good enough for tom its good enough for me
chuck in md :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
http://men.style.com/details/features/f ... ntent_2101

"I’ll have you know you are christening the back of this bike," Cruise says, picking me up on his new Honda Valkyrie Rune. Decal’d with War of the Worlds creeping red alien vines, the motorcycle was a wrap gift from Steven Spielberg, who in turn received a black 1966 Shelby GT in mint condition. Before arriving, Cruise unexpectedly and thoughtfully sent an assistant to the hotel with a choice of helmets, jackets, gloves, and boots. But even without the gear, the overriding feeling in the company of Cruise is one of safety. Physically he is solid. Emotionally he is clear. Intellectually he is certain. Universally he is known. He so projects the warmth and enthusiasm of a long-lost high-school friend you begin to wonder why you haven’t kept in touch over the years."

·
Registered
486 Posts
Radical ! I saw that last night, he rode his Rune right down the red carpet!
Tom is really letting his radical "I don't care what you think" rebel attitude show these days. He had that super fine fiancee of his on the back, I couldn't tell if the bike had a 2-up saddle on it or if she was ridin the fender. He could use some slow ridin practice though, he was draggin his feet the whole time. :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tom Cruise

Cool he has one, and it's also cool because he has one, and he could just use his name as handle/nick on this Board :!: 8) :yes:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Spielberg gave him the black one, he must have borrowed/rented or bought the black candy cherry one. He's a rider, I can tell by the
worn low dollar combat boots.
JohnDK, I like you Rune version of the you wouldn't understand phrase.
Very Cool ! 8)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Let's add up the known celebs on the Rune:

1. Tom Cruise
2. George Clooney
3. Jay Leno (was seen on the Tonight Show and Queen Latifah knew what it was....She has a Hayabusa)

Does anyone know who else has one?

He's a rider, I can tell by the
worn low dollar combat boots.
Yeah...that bike looks like it has a few miles on it. The front tire looks a little worn.. (It looks a little low, too...but it's probably just the angle)

Corbin 2-up seat. Are those the Rivco rear pegs he has on there?

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you guys remember back to the movie Top Gun .... the phrase "I feel the need for speed" was aboard a 85 Kawasaki ZX900, a rocketship in its day. Looks like he nas a new need for speed... new bike / wife to be .... must be MLC...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Jeff,

Jeff,

- Note that Ken doesn't envy anybody anything - I think You need some distraction from those thoughts ...

I hope You can take the kidding ...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I saw pictures of Cruise on a Confederate and a Rune while flipping through People Magazine on a plane recently.

People like him can have most anything that money can buy and for him to choose a Rune speaks highly of the uniqueness and beauty of our machines.

I understand that Clooney purchased six of them so that his friends could ride with him.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Jeff,

I take it your not a big Cruise fan .....

Chuck,

While your posting .... are you going to make it to the rally ?? You can't miss the first Rune Rally after all you went through , and spent, to get a Rune......

1 - 20 of 32 Posts