Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....i have to report GOOD news...and BAD news.

First the bad. They scratched up her front fender while trying to change the tire :cus: Man....that is the ONE thing i always worry about when taking in one of the Runes for service.

Now for the good. They had already ordered a new front fender....before even telling me about the scratch. so they are taking care of it.

Still...i HATE it when one of em' gets scratched.

Whoops...just notice my Rune...with about 11k...needs new rear tire. Time to order one. Dang...hope they don't scratch up my rear fender.... but if they do........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fender

Hey Tim,

Sorry to hear about the damage..

Not that I want to appear opportunistic but...what the hell!..when you get that fender replaced do you intend to keep the 'old' one?

If you don't, I'd be happy to pay for it plus shipping to me in MA as I could do with a spare. Name your price and I'll square up with you straight away.

If you do...I'll keep hunting I guess...

Regards,

Seb.

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry. it's warranty work, so they have to return it to Honda. I heard them complaining about how it cost over 1000 bucks. oh well....they better me more careful next time.......

·
Registered
280 Posts
Watch out for back tire

Tim:
Dave Here, just had mine replaced and they forgot to cover the rear brake and when the tire is unbolted it will fall onto the rear brake and scratch the rim!!! My dealer is purchasing my new rim now.. Please pass this on to your dealer \mechanic before they start...unless you want new rims..HA!!

Dave

Ps..Pass the ERC Experienced Riders Course with MSF recently with the RUNE and made the 20' u-turns in the box with no problems...will have to do it again and take pictures... :lol:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Me and a buddy removed and replaced my front fender for custom paint and we didn't scratch it and we're not certified Honda mechs!
It comes down to the "give a shit factor". You have to cover the fender with paper or plastic before removing or installing and you have to tape up the brake line brackets that go between the fender and the mounting hardware. Then with one person on each side you feed that fender between all the hardware in ultra slow-motion! Tim, share this info with those certified mechs! :wink:
The DRAGNN will be needin new front meat soon and one of two things is gonna happen either I'll take the fender off before I take it to the mechs or I'll be there to oversee/help the mechs at the dealership during removal or installation.
If they scratch my fender it's gonna cost them 1K for a new fender and another 500-750$! :shock:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Rear Wheel Gouged

REAR WHEEl,
tomorrow I have to ride 3.5 hrs up to NC and get them to look at the damage to the wheel when they hit the swingarm taking the wheel out WITHOUT having removed the chrome exhaust cover on the left side.

From all these posts, I should expect the dealer to replace the wheel, right?

These dealers need to read the service manual!

Ken (28,005 miles !!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I have a local guy who works mostly on Harleys that has removed and replaced my handle bars, changed the front tire, replaced the banjo bolts and installed a K & N filter by removing the tank. He insists I bring my service manual every time I drop off the Rune

He never left so much as a finger print.

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the bike back. New fender looks good :lol:

they are already dreading doing my rear tire in a couple of weeks! But we all think the rear can't be any harder than the front one????

·
Registered
141 Posts
fenders

Sorry guys,

A front fender is around $250.00, a rear fender, around $600.00, and the tank is $2,000.00. I dont know where you get this 1k price.

Headlight assembly is $1100.00

seat $80.00

·
Registered
141 Posts
prices

Sorry, prices did change, $330 for the front fender and $523 for the rear fender.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
NEW REAR WHEEL

It was a cold 4 hour ride up to Rocky Mount NC, 296 miles one way with a brisk headwind! On the way back I stopped for great bbq at the SC/NC border. 38MPG going 85 avg.

Twin County Motorsports did the right thing. They are FedExing me a new rear wheel to my house and dont expect me to ride another 600 miles to get it swapped out.

I have plans.

I went ahead and ordered a new front wheel on my dime, with a very nice discount before I left the shop pleased.

Who has a reccomendation for a good chrome shop? The owner said they use a shop in California, and that it should cost about $600 to get both rims chromed.

I will then get the original set of rims refinished and chromed. Anyone interested in a good deal when they get done? I was told a rear wheel is $2,250 for the chrome one! (is that white gold or what?)

Ken (28,600 miles)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wheels

Ken,

Good plan -just make sure whoever does your chroming warrants the finish for a good length of time..most chromers and finishers will not warrant the finish at all (in my experience). :eek:

Try to get a year's worth...that way you know the chromer is good!

If you want to sell your standard wheels outright (I'm a metal polisher so will just polish them) I'd be interested in a deal and will supply a US address for shipping.

Name your price!

Cheers,

Seb.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Explanation needed ...

Ken,

Explanation again needed for Prince Knud, heir presumptive to the Throne (danish expression - he was known to be not too bright !), and for me, så I get this right :

After all this bargaining and trading you will be happy riding your black Rune with new Spec 47 rims purchased (net) at at a very favorable price, and You will will have a fellow Rune rider & fellow Board member also very happy riding his Rune with chrome rims purchased from you, also at a very favorable price ?

BTW - and certainly with no relevance to Ken's topic - comming to expressions : Du you US guys use an exoression somthing like this : "There is something rotten in Denmark", "Threre must be something rotten in Denmark", when an issue seems suspect, phony or fake ? ....

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Something Rotting in Denmark - )off topic(

John,
That phrase is from Hamlet, opening scene, quoted by Horatio as he compares the dead body of his murdered king of Denmark, with the executions/murders of Roman emperors... something like that.

I got a D in Shakespeare. :twisted:

ken

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Ken, it was MARCELLUS who stated
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Act I, Scene IV

As Hamlet follows the ghost away from the guards, Marcellus openly declares the theme of the first act. Throughout the act Shakespeare has created a sense of disrupted times, of perturbed royals, of something being amiss in Denmark. Shakespeare has described this disorder in natural terms with Marcellus's quote. The state, being a living entity has, as living things do, gone rotten. This quote is the prologue to the scene where the source of the distorted nature of the Kingdom is revealed to the audience. Throughout the act the sense of corruption is conveyed to the audience through the lines of several characters, generally in natural terms, and Shakespeare summarises this discontent with this simple line. This line is the explicit explanation of what the audience has seen so far and prepares the audience for the climax of the first act: the revelation of Old Hamlet's murder.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: NEW REAR WHEEL

KenCrawleySC said:
It was a cold 4 hour ride up to Rocky Mount NC, 296 miles one way with a brisk headwind! On the way back I stopped for great bbq at the SC/NC border. 38MPG going 85 avg.

Twin County Motorsports did the right thing. They are FedExing me a new rear wheel to my house and dont expect me to ride another 600 miles to get it swapped out.

I have plans.

I went ahead and ordered a new front wheel on my dime, with a very nice discount before I left the shop pleased.

Who has a reccomendation for a good chrome shop? The owner said they use a shop in California, and that it should cost about $600 to get both rims chromed.

I will then get the original set of rims refinished and chromed. Anyone interested in a good deal when they get done? I was told a rear wheel is $2,250 for the chrome one! (is that white gold or what?)

Ken (28,600 miles)
I have had these folks chrome 4 sets of bike wheels for me and I have a set there for my Gold Wing now that will be shipped to me on the 20th. The work is superb and has a good warranty. Cost for two wheels is $525 per set. You pay the shipping to and they pay the return cost. I am sending another set in a couple of weeks off a 2005 Boss Hoss.

Adrian

http://www.classiccomponents.com/

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i saw the invoice on the front fender. it was 457 bucks. they also had to do all the labor...again....which, at their shop rate was 150 bucks. So the scratch on the fender was about a 600 dollar right off for them. Not the thousand they were originally estimated.

But still...the front fender was 457. Honest. they rang it up on my invoice....then deducted it back off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts