Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Rune come with a tool kit under the seat like most bikes do? :?: I picked up my new bike today, and there was no tool kit. Please advise. :?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
correct...ONLY Canadian bikes came with tool kit. But a bunch of us 'whined' to Mother Honda....on their 1-800 number...and they sent us a tool kit. I've never carried it with me. Typical cheap tool kit....and i don't really have room for it. But...i don't really need it anyway :lol:

but you can complain and get one.........but it didn't come with the bike....

·
Registered
317 Posts
My tool kit consists of an air guage and a cell phone.

·
Registered
665 Posts
David

Thats about all you need with this machine.... check the tires before you use the cell phone to call your grilfriend to tell her you will be by shortly to pick her up...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're right Rich!

BTW, I called Honda to ask why a tool kit wasn't included. They said it was because they really don't recommend you use that kind of tool on this kind of bike. :shock: In other words, their standard tool kit isn't good enough for OUR RUNE!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Tool Kit

I have good tools at home.. I have no intention of working on this bike on the road (and not much at home for that matter)... I don't need any more cheap tools (if they are cheap ones)... It is not worth the hassle for me to try to get them... I prefer the lighter weight I carry on the bike without this extra tool weight.... but hey...as I write this I think...hmmm will not having this simplistic tool kit mean I don't have the "total" stock bike??? :shock:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I kept the tool bag, tossed the cheapie wrenches, and replaced them with the allen wrenches needed to remove stuff, especially the ones needed to get the front wheel off.

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts