Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its been discussed on this board before, but just wondering if and when the touchy throttle settles down..... seems like I can't quite get the feel for it yet? Thanks in advance... cdnstr

·
Registered
385 Posts
My Rune had very touchy throttle and I found it hard to stay steady.
Now I don't notice it nice and smooth :D I'm not sure if it was me or the bike? :?

Todd

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
A lot of us had the problem of which you speak.

You can adjust the throttle with a pare of pliers, maybe even with your thumb and fore finger.
Look for the cable connection at the handle bar grip.
You can probably fix your jumpy throttle right there.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Page 4-5 of the service manual tells you how to adjust the throttle freeplay which should only be 1/16th-1/4 inch.
Some of what you're feeling is slop/play in the driveshaft u-joints.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sensitive Throttle

I think this throttle caught most of us by surprise after riding lesser bikes than the Rune... I wouldn't play with adjustment until after you ride her for a few hundred miles.. I think you will find that you will get used to the feel and will not need to adjust it....

·
Registered
486 Posts
I agree with Rich, because the throttle cable will stretch slightly with time, but if the play is excessive you need to adjust it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
around 15,000 miles my touchy throttle is no more. I have NOT adjusted the cable free play. It seems to be the same as when brand new.

Ken (31,000 miles and perhaps tomorrow I can ride after 6 days of heavy rain!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
appreciate the insight

I still have under 1000km's on the bike, so will see if it settles down.. probably like any other bike, just have to get used to it... thought it would be more like my 97 Valk but the throttle is closer to the VTX 1800c I sold.. not complaining at all, just getting used to it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts