Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has customized their rear turn signals? I damaged my left rear and need to replace it cause its got to be perfect. chrome is dented but lens etc. it good.

Also, has anyone replaced it and how is it done? Do i need to take off my fender? hope not

Joecey

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Honda direct has some cool teardrop LED replacement lights

You might want to consider HIDs...... then you could blast the rear folks!
Note the front HID lights which spot deer a quarter mile down the road, and the extra turn signals are 48 LED clusters.
Yes, you gotta take off the rear fender. Just put saran wrap on it to protect it!!

Ken (27,000.0000 miles) Tomorrow I break the spell on my way to VA!

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you have a lift you should be able to get to them without removing the fender because when ya lift the bike the rear wheel will hang down some probably giving you enough arm and tool clearance to get to the mounting bolts and elec connection. I think it'd be worth a try.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx

I would rather not remove the rear fender. What about the rear turn signal? Should I just replace with stock? What am I lookin at? $?

Joecey

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Of all the impressive details incorporated into the Rune’s design the rear turn signals fall short.
I have always thought they look like an afterthought.
They look like they are just stuck on and don’t flow with the lines.

It is though the design team was just about finish when someone said “what about putting some turn signals on the rear fender.”
Then Floyd took his ham sandwich and held one half on each side.
The boss took one look and said; “chrome them I’ll call management and tell them we’ve put this beast to bed.”

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, what do we do? Any Ideas. I have to change my left.

Do I change to stock or does anyone have a better option?

Joecey

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont sweat it guys, i just ordered stock stuff. couldnt find anything that would look better. There are plenty of LED's out there that I would love to have but I dont thing that round or bullet design would look good.

Thanx for the outpouring of help

Joecey

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ken's Turnsignals..

Ken,

I have got to hand it to you - your front turnsignals look GREAT!!

Any problems with wiring in an extra set? No effect on the running light circuit?

Thanks,

Seb.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
thanks! The addition of the 2nd set of turn signal lights cost me a total of $1000. That included the labor to take the fork apart to put them on.

Too bad I did not wait to get them chromed!!!

They are LED clusters and only take about 0.1 Amps. So, no effect to the bikes wiring and alternator. I have them wired to the constantly on light circuit.

At first, I tried the halogen replacement lamp...but they melted the light bulb socket that comes with the stock light. LEDs are better.

Ken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts