Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love everything about the Rune but before I bought one I thought I'd go the the Valkyrie Owner's Convention this past weekend in Ky to get some ideas for aftermarket seats, highway pegs, windshields, ETC. Valk & Rune owners were all very helpful. When I asked the ULTIMATE SEATS rep if I could try out their Rune seat he said he wasn't selling Honda's and since I didn't already own a Rune the answer was NO. Had I just traveled 440 miles with my 13-year old son to be insulted by this man? I guess so but one thing for sure, I'll never have anything to do with ULTIMATE SEATS for any motorcycle I own. Presently I own an 1800 Wing and a 1500 Valkyrie. I hope to get a Rune sometime soon, probably with the Corbin runmble seat.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Well now that sucks!!!
You should write a letter to them explaining the salesmans actions, maybe he should go back to selling vacume cleaners :?:

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Undaunted
Did you want to ride Des's Rune or just sit on it. If you wanted to ride it I don't blame him for saying no! I'm a Happy owner of an Ultimate Seat and Des treated me well. He is a true gentleman.
Rich K. ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Boy that sounds pretty strange , I bought my seat from Des
while in Daytona and he couldn't have been better to deal with.
offered to bring my old seat back to Canada with him . Just a great
experience buying from him .
Bill

G

·
I too ordered the ULTIMATE and had the pleasure of speaking wiht his BROTHER??? Great people, great HELP and the Australian Accents are always a kick
They rushed the seat for me (I have NO patience) and it shold be here tomorrow?!?! if not on MONDAY for sure
Have a great ride GUYS! PIX to folllow next week..

G

·
ultimate seat

well gang

Got me seat on SATURDAY LIghtning fast service and delivery! It looks great! ALL BLACK with the red stitching and logo (NO backrest) though the slot IS there if I decide to add it later

Now the ride.... It is GREAT in the seat! Very comfortable and it DOES, in fact, push me a few inches forward! APparently I am the 1 inch DOWN< too., as I find my knees are a little HIGHER on the pegs now>??

But, I did notice some discomfort in my very lower back...? Only ride about 60 miles, will give it a few more test runs (if it EVER stops RAINING here in Miami! Ughhhh)

Looks great, fast delivery (a fraction of the time that CORBIN makes us wait) More info to follow

Hope this info helps!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Ultimate seat may be fine for some people and their sales staff my be just fine for other people, but as I originally posted I just wanted to try the seat out, not for an test ride or anything like that, all I wanted to do was just sit on the Rune they had on display with their seat. I don't know the name of the rep that I talked to but as I said in my post, he told me that if I didn't own a Rune the answer was NO; he just didn't want to waste his time with me. Maybe he was just having a bad day or something, but as I said I certainly have no intentions of ever buying a seat from Ultimate for any of my motorcycles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts