Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to ask members who have had both the 1500 Valkyrie, and have now updated to the Rune. Could you tell me what aspects, differences, overall, you notice going from the early model up to the Rune?
I have owned a 95 wing and a 98 valk, but never been lucky enough yet to sit or ride a Rune.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I had a 97 Valk and loved it! The Rune is even better!!!!
On my first ride with the Rune I went thru the twisties between my Mom's and home, I found myself going ten miles ann hour faster that I did with the Valk.
I laughed and backed off, I didn't want to wipe out with less that 100 miles on my new toy.
I've now gotten used to the forward handlebars, and find myself streching out to the back of the seat as opposed to trying to sit forward and upright.
The Valks are great, the Rune is AWSOME. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
6,931 Posts
i still have both...a 97 Valk Tourer...and two Runes. the Rune is faster...stops quicker...and gets more looks.

I like my Valk still. But face it, the Rune is awesome. I ride the Valk to work. I ride the Rune for pleasure on the weekends.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have a 99 Valk std that's all tricked out and my rune of course.
Valk over Rune: Highway pegs on the crashbar, I love being able to change my leg position. Someone was working on a clamp for the Rune crashbar, but as far as I know it's not available. Exhaust- I have the Mild2Wild pipes on my valk, LOVE THAT SOUND! and retained the stock look of the pipes, wish that could be duplicated on the rune, it sounds better with the mod I did, but not as good as the valk. Love having a tach, the rune didn't come with one, you can put one on aftermarket but it's not stock.
Rune over Valk Style! the rune is oozing it ! Onlookers drool !
Superior Suspension - The rune handles fantastically for a monster cruiser, sometimes I could swear I'm riding a sport bike!
Better Braking- stops quick!
Upper end torque - 4th and 5th have lots of torque. Me and a friend drag raced my bikes one day, the valk would stay close to the rune 1st thru 3rd but in 4th and 5th the Rune walked away from the valk, we switched bikes and did it numerous times, same result every time.

I love both of these bikes, when I have some booty I wanna take ridin I'm on the valk of course, but when I'm solo, IT'S ALWAYS THE RUNE! :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.