Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLOW! RUNE RIDERS
MY NAME IS LUIS AND I AM FROM SAN BERNARDINO CA.
I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT NOT NEW TO THE RUNE MOTORCYCLE.
I HAVE BEEN WANTING THIS BIKE FROM WAY BACK WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT BUT WAS UNABLE TO GET IT UNTIL ABOUT SEVEN MONTHS
AGO,I WENT AND PURCHASED IT NEW AT HONDA/YAMAHA OF REDLANDS
(05/17/04)VIN #000159,BLACK IN COLOR WITH SPECK 47 WHEELS AND
FORWARD SET BARS.
THE MOTORCYCLE IS A 100 PER CENT STOCK AND NOW HAS 2,200 MI.
ON IT,OTHER THAN THE STICKER ON THE GAS TANK I LOVE EVERYTHING
ABOUT THIS AWESOME BIKE,I HAVE OWNED AND RIDEN A LONG LIST OF
DIFFERENT BRANDS STYLES AND SIZES OF MOTORCYCLES THROUGOUT
THE YEARS AND I MUST SAY THIS HONDA RUNE SURE TAKES THE CAKE
AND EATS IT TOO.ANYWAYS I JUSY WANTED TO INTRODUCE MY SELF AND WISH EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome Luis

You'll find tons of extremely helpful info here in this forum and plenty of little chrome extras to make you Rune a few notch's higher then stock. Read through many of the past posts and you'll discover them all. Also you can go to Tom/Jr's site at dreammachining.com and looks at all of their candies.They are almost the only one who makes anything for the Rune. I've got most of the candies from them in my photo gallery with a few more I'll put up tommorrow. You can get to it through the link just below.

Diver Dave :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Dark Side

Welcome! Congratulations on your acquisition...and in particular your decision to go Au Natural, without "Mods". You only have to look at the plethora of photos, depicting the many failures to improve on Honda's design, to realize you made an excellent decision. "Black, Spec, Forward" Purists Unite!! Don't venture to that slippery slope of modifying the perfect machine. There will be no returning once you venture to that "Dark Side"

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dark Side??????

You can't honestly say that if you saw the stock front axle bolt without the Ultimate Machining chrome caps that it looks better then with them on. Come on now, be honest :roll: The Dark Side is actually called 'The Shiny Side' for those of us that have made the switch......... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
well whatever you do....whether you remain "strictly stock" or not, you must REMOVE THE DANG TANK STICKER....if you haven't already 8)

A hair dryer will warm the sticker up enough to just peel off...then a little wax will take off any residue. Others may have other methods....but for God's sake Man, just take off the stickers :twisted:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Luis,

Welcome to the site and congrat's on the purchase.

I go along with the clean / stock / naked look ...... but if you check out the guys at Ultimate, they have Res. Covers / Banjo Bolts / and a Cap Set that finishes off what Honda started ......

Also I added your info to the VIN List, and I'll be posting a updated list in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
REMOVING GAS TANK STICKERS

REDVALK WHEN REMOVING THE GAS TANK STICKERS FROM THE GAS TANK WITH A HAIR DRYER,IS THERE A TIME LIMIT ON HOW LONG YOU APPLY THE HOT AIR ON THE STICKERS BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THEM?

AND IS THERE ANY RISK TO DAMAGING THE CLEAR COAT ON THE PAINT?
I WOULD HATE TO SCREW UP DOING THIS,SO ANY HELP IN MAKING SURE I DONT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
I THINK FOR THE MEAN TIME THE REST OF THE BIKE STAYS AL NATURAL.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi from Italy

welcome to stick removers. J followed the Rune owners suggestion
:lol:
with an hair dryer the temperature is low. keep it far from the tank. warm the stick and work for remouving (do not use cotton as me or it take much more time :twisted: ) use a soft cloth.
warm and work, warm and work.
no damage to the paint if the rest of the tank is not too cold.

ciao from Italy
hannibal

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
what Hannibal said. You won't harm the tank or paint with a hair dryer. Just heat the sticker...as long as ya' need to, peel it off...then wax off any residue left.

I once knew a guy that was foolish enough to use a HEAT GUN instead of a hair dryer. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THANKS REDVALK AND HANNIBAL
first thing tomorrow i will be putting that hair dryer to work,sounds safe enough.
i guess i will be starting off the new year with my first "rune mods" if removing those dang stickers could be called that, never the less and if god willing, that it all goes well, that will be a big deal to me.
HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I too would like to welcome you and to offer my congratulations on the purchase of your Rune.

I’ve been to San Bernadine several times, I have relatives in Riverside and I love Needles, where I’ve been camping along the Colorado. I wouldn’t want to live there though, you people don’t have any exciting hurricanes.

Oh,…….. I almost forgot, if you hold the hair dryer over the tank for more than three minuets the tank will explode.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chuck
I only had to hold that hair dryer over the gas tank for 2 minutes before it exploded, Must be that high octane gas I've been putting in the tank.

I finally took off those silly, Pain in the butt, Ugly ass looking stickers, so I guess my rune is now only 99.999999 per cent stock, But that gas tank sure looks a 100 per cent better.
(SO OFF TO WAX HER I GO)
As for hurracaines! The clossest thing we get arround here would be the santa ana winds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts