Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out the tank and rear fender on the dropped bike have to be painted, so I am soliciting color suggestions, in the event I decide to go away from the stock Candy Black Cherry.

·
Swamp Rat
6,991 Posts
All Runes should be Black, and all the Runes leaving the Rune Rally will be; I’m bringing my Black spray paint can!

I’ll be arriving at the Rally just after my midnight visit to HogSlayers’ house.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I want all chrome.
And, until then, I will be guarding my Black Rune at the rally with my pair of Desert Eagle .50AE autoloading cannons. SiteData: Pls wear a smileyface tshirt for ease of target acquisition.
Ken

·
Administrator
6,960 Posts
Ken will be ok....his is already black. So is mine. Sherry, on the other hand....may have a problem with her Cherry Red Rune 8) I may have to hid hers...or keep Chuck occupied..........

·
Registered
665 Posts
Chrome Rune

IF...I could afford to have the rest of her chromed I could probably afford to have some talented fabricator knock me out a meatal radiator cover and have it chromed too...If not...I would do as was done on the Rocket III I rode...have it painted chrome to match the rest of the bike... Nope the Rocket wasn't all chrome but the radiator cover was chrome painted plastic...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Colors

I have a 1970 Pontiac GTO convertible in the stock pepper green that I am toying with since we are painting the car anyway. Not sure what works with the sea of chrome that is the Rune.

Considered Candy Apple metalflake until my son opined it would look like a miniature fire engine.

Pearlescent white would be another option, but again, not sure if that's sufficient contrast with the chrome.

Flame jobs, in particular ghost flames, are certainly in vogue with the custom painters, but not sure that reflects the sophistication level of the Rune.

Perhaps with the relatively small surface area one of the new refractive paints that changes colors depending upon your distance and angle from the bike might be an idea ($$$ per gallon).

Not having yet consulted the service manual, what is involved in removing the fenders, tank and radiator surround?

·
Registered
15 Posts
perfect color IMHO

If I was in your shoes I would go with a candy apple blue medalflake. My buddy has a victory vegas, the one done by Corey Ness. If you can get a look at one you will be impressed. It's the color around the edges and badge and it's the prettiest blue I have ever seen. An entire bike done with this color would be amazing in my opinion. Check it out!Cheers,JHS

·
Registered
15 Posts
bike pictures

I don't have any pictures but I'll contact Paul and have him send me some,I'll try posting them once I get them. There's pictures on victory web site but it's hard to clearly see. Cheers,JHS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.