Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
No and that is why I still haven't bought one. Does Honda make one for the GoldWing? I would figure at least Honda has got to make one for the Rune. If there is an aftermarket cover I hope Tim can tear himself away for a bit to answer this. Hey Tim, no pressure! 8) :capwin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have not seen or heard of anyone making a bike cover for the rune.

so in the meantime,
I use two large bed sheets to cover my rune while its parked in the garage,it does a fairly good job of keeping the dust off.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I use one that my son gave me as a birthday present and it woks great, no complaints. Just got in from the rune rally but will post the name of the cover tomorrow. .... Mike

·
Administrator
6,960 Posts
do a search on "cover"...or "Falcon"...or "Defender" here on the board. We've already covered this topic.....PUN INTENDED!!! I have the Falcon Defender....XL. Fits the bike like a glove. PERFECT. See my old posts on this topic..........................

Can't remember the part number ? Starts with a 6.......has three digits. Again, do a search.....we've already hashed this out.........

try this link.....i think it will give you the info you are looking for http://www.runeriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=535&highlight=falcon

·
Administrator
6,960 Posts
wait...i just re-read the original post. If you are covering in a garage....there is another soft cover you can get. i have some blue soft covers i got from my dealer....they are almost like sheets. i use them to cover the bikes while in the garage...to keep dust off. to be honest, i had to have sherry cut them down to size (they were too big)...and she sewed up the bottom after she cut them.

i don't remember what the name of them is....but...get a Nelson Rigg catalog....and look for the BLUE soft covers they sell in there for indoor use. That's what we got. They work ok....they keep my German Sheppard from slinging water on the bikes when she comes in the garage when it's raining.

But i have to be honest, for keeping dust off the bikes...actually, they only work so-so. You see, whenever i go to put the covers on...there is some dust/dirt/lint on them from where i have had them laying....or where they touched the ground while coverig the bike. when you go to take the covers on or off....that dust/lint gets on the bike. so other than keeping my dog from slinging water on them, i don't know how much good they really do?

For OUTDOORS, i use the Nelson Rigg i mentioned earlier in the post....and IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I use a Neilson Rigg cloth cover for the garage parking.
Large for the Gold Wing, Medium for the VTX now is used for the Rune, and a small for the Bushtec trailer.

The medium is a bit big, so I tie knots in the top to take up the slack. The uncovering is just to show the Rune is under there. :)

And a Tour King cover when out on a ride. Small pouch fits in the cubby hole under the seat, easy to deploy and stow.

http://www.tourkingcovers.com/index.html

Here's some pictures that Tour King took after fitting a Harley Duce cover on my Rune at the Honda Homecoming rally earlier this year:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My Rune has to share space in my work shop and all of my dust, I use the Cycle Capsule from www.calcarcover.com It keeps it totally clean and a constant flow of filtered air. The cool thing is that you can always see you bike, well untill the dust and overspray gets to thick. I've got a few buds' with Cobras that use the car size and love it. You can detail your ride, put away for the winter, and it will be clean as a pin come spring ( don't forget a battery tender). It will also provide some degree of protection form items falling aginst your ride.
Jack

·
Registered
176 Posts
Its me, the dumb guy.

Tim, I am sorry. I am not sure I understand what cover you use. I clicked that link and I am not sure what that said. Now I read above.., I am sorry, I am still a little unsure what cover it is you use that you like.

Can you give me the information again?.., pretend you are talking to a child.., a slow child.

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Administrator
6,960 Posts
i use the Nelson Falcon Defender for outdoors....XL ....and the Nelson Rigg blue indoor cover David mentions for inside the garage.

comprende?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I almost comprende.., is that indoor one (which I am interested in) the one that fits very sloppy and you had to have sewn.., etc.., Or does the Nelson Rigg blue indoor fit great?

Let me throw some spanish back at ya'

"El thanko You"

El Glenn

·
Administrator
6,960 Posts
yes...the indoor one fits loosely. VERY losely. Sherry actually cut some off the bottom and hemmed it back up. now, they fit fine.

outdoor one fits like a glove.......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.