·
Registered
360 Posts
🐰 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Reactions: Afghanpilot

·
Registered
827 Posts
From my perspective, it's not about the age of the bike as much as the lack of in-person get togethers. Certainly the age of members has to do with riding capability eventually, but we have had non-riders due to age or health join us at rallies.

Personally, I very much miss the rallies for the social aspect, and considering the distance I need to ride to attend the rallies, the group riding at the events are fun, but less important to me.

There are likely to be Runes around for many years to come, which means there will be a necessity for a resource space for the future owners. I feel the need to support current and future owners for as long as I can.

Without entering into a divisive political discussion, I can only say I wish I could travel to Rune Rallies, until I physically can't ride to them safely.

skip

·
Registered
360 Posts
🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰

·
Registered
7 Posts
I joined about three weeks ago, and have been surprised, and disappointed by the lack of activity and interaction on this site. I'm not complaining, just disappointed.
I had high hopes of discovering a site full of entrepreneurs that were fabricating hard to find parts, etc. ;) There needs to be a resource to keep this amazing M/C running.
However. not to worry, I have ADV Rider to entertain me and their members to interact with. There is a multitude of trip reports, pics, vids, and vendor offers.
Long last the Honda Rune, I fear that this forum may not.
Respect to one and all.

·
Registered
360 Posts
In the days of past, members would join and take the time to introduce themselves and give details about the Rune they purchased (added on items/color/etc.) and themselves, and they would become part of the chatter. If someone felt the need for a specialize Rune part, they would figure it out and produced it for board members as well and maybe sell them on ebay too. Members like RuneSki and his side covers, Wing67 and all the items he made, Danny and his passenger pegs, G-Man and the patches, Tom from Florida and all the parts him and his Dad made, GBD and his Tach or gear indicator mount/setup, etc, etc, etc... and there are plenty more...

Jump to now days. New/newer members (far too many times) join the board and just want their Rune problem(s) solved with a quick post of the problem(s). Some may take the time to post back if the help did solve the problem. Too many don't even do that! Some don't even say Thanks for the help, or Thanks in advance.

If chatter/activity is wanted, help provide it! If parts are needed and they can't be had, produce them as was done in the past.

Members (old) built this board, new/newer ones need to carry it forward...If new/newer members aren't willing to carry the board forward by providing the chatter/activity and taking the place of the old members as they move on or aside, then the fate of the board is tied to the old members. When the old members go, so does the board (other than being a place/library of old threads/posts to search for as long as the owners of this board are willing to keep it up)...Use it or lose it!!!

The Rune in the early days when purchased was a bike that many of the members were not that young, and they didn't get younger with time...

As always, my input carries no more nor no less weight than any other member here...

From above post: "I'm not complaining, just disappointed." This is just my opinion on this:
Not really much difference in that as far as I see it, one post and that's part of it.

I still remember back in the day when WIZ/Tom joined the board and he felt the board was slow, he changed that in short order...

~~~PLEASE EXCUSE MY LONG-WINDEDNESS HERE~~~

Enjoy your day!!!

Ride Safe...And Ride Often...

🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰~🐰

·
Registered
827 Posts
Use it or lose it!!!

⬆⬆⬆THIS...⬆⬆⬆

Oh, and another thing; the ads posted by the owners of this site (thank you VerticalScope) are to generate income to justify keeping this site up. I always open those ads, whether interested in the headline or not. Occasionally I find them useful.

I'll bet there's an algorithm counting the views, so the advertiser can confirm his advertising dollars are well placed...

skip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good points "Retired?"
You'll have to excuse me, Formalities and pomp were never my forte. I've always been in a hurry to do things.

Introduction as follows
Semi retired here too. Once divorced, met the love of my life 3 1/2 yrs ago. She was spontaneous, adventurous, classy and wonderful. I lost her to cancer 16 maths ago. yes, life can bite.
Currently upgrading homes, then selling.
Gives me the opportunity to live in new cities, provinces, etc.
I enjoy a few sports. Kayaking, mountain biking, squash, etc.
Nothing better than a good day in nature with a quality camera in hand.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention,:ROFLMAO:
Street bikes owned, Suzuki GS's, Honda CBX, ZX10, ZX11, ZX12, Blackbird, Ducati 851, BMW 12 GSA, etc.
Dirt runners, PE400, IT465, YZ490, KX 500 etc.
Rider of nearly 55 yrs, tried many forms of M/C competition.
Hare scrambles were my favourite.
I have enjoyed long distance travels for years.
Four corners, Tail of the Dragon, Grand Canyon, Mexico, etc.
Alaska to Calgary in one fell swoop.
Cross Canada in 72 hrs. Three times.
Anyways, I hope that you get the picture. I love to ride.

So, without further chatter,
Can anyone point me in the direction of a new front tire for my recently acquired Rune? The current one is nearly half worn already. :giggle: Dealerships in Canada haven't been able to locate one. Dennis Kirk sent a rear one to me, but there's no word on front tires. Much appreciated

·
Registered
827 Posts
Can anyone point me in the direction of a new front tire for my recently acquired Rune?
Welcome, fellow Canukian!

Head west for 11.5 hours of riding time to view 2 options I have. I tried the Avon (rear mounted on the front) which I rode across the continent, and a Gold Wing tire model I have used multiple times across the continent.
I'm pretty sure you can find my reviews on here with some searching...

skip

·
Registered
827 Posts
Alright!!!$$$ I'll watch the mailbox for the support check each month...(y):)(y)
Ya, good luck with that. Fortunately support comes in different forms. When it comes to excess cash, I'll send you all I have. I have your mailing address...

skip

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ya, good luck with that. Fortunately support comes in different forms. When it comes to excess cash, I'll send you all I have. I have your mailing address...

skip
I'll wait for that cash like I'll wait for fuel prices to drop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
"BikeBandit is a former motorcycle parts superstore retailer founded in 1999 by successful serial entrepreneur Ken Wahlster. Wahlster sold the company in 2013. The company was well known for selling motorcycle parts, apparel, and accessories through an online store. The company ceased operations on February 7, 2022."

Thanks for the heads up "Retired?" Also for the tip to try a rear on the front. Never would I have guessed that this would come about in our regions. Third world perhaps,.....:oops:
"Skip," good to know that you've had no issues with this set up. I'll have to try this for myself soon.

·
Registered
827 Posts
do you prefer one over the other? Thanks..
Yes.

"Skip," good to know that you've had no issues with this set up. I'll have to try this for myself soon.
Oh, I didn't say that...

If you do a search for "tires" you get 474 posts. If you filter out all but my handle, you get 57 results, including my reviews.

Summary: D251 and Avons = bad, Dunlop Elite = good.
Before the whiners (who I miss drinking coffee/beer with) jump in, this is MY opinion.

See post #741 in "tires . please post what you did "

skip

1 - 20 of 25 Posts