Rune Rider Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good points "Retired?"
You'll have to excuse me, Formalities and pomp were never my forte. I've always been in a hurry to do things.

Introduction as follows
Semi retired here too. Once divorced, met the love of my life 3 1/2 yrs ago. She was spontaneous, adventurous, classy and wonderful. I lost her to cancer 16 maths ago. yes, life can bite.
Currently upgrading homes, then selling.
Gives me the opportunity to live in new cities, provinces, etc.
I enjoy a few sports. Kayaking, mountain biking, squash, etc.
Nothing better than a good day in nature with a quality camera in hand.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention,:ROFLMAO:
Street bikes owned, Suzuki GS's, Honda CBX, ZX10, ZX11, ZX12, Blackbird, Ducati 851, BMW 12 GSA, etc.
Dirt runners, PE400, IT465, YZ490, KX 500 etc.
Rider of nearly 55 yrs, tried many forms of M/C competition.
Hare scrambles were my favourite.
I have enjoyed long distance travels for years.
Four corners, Tail of the Dragon, Grand Canyon, Mexico, etc.
Alaska to Calgary in one fell swoop.
Cross Canada in 72 hrs. Three times.
Anyways, I hope that you get the picture. I love to ride.

So, without further chatter,
Can anyone point me in the direction of a new front tire for my recently acquired Rune? The current one is nearly half worn already. :giggle: Dealerships in Canada haven't been able to locate one. Dennis Kirk sent a rear one to me, but there's no word on front tires. Much appreciated
I recently put Avon Cobra Chromes on front 130/70R18(63V) and rear 180/60-B17(75V) bought new EBAY. Since...much more responsive(doesn't handle like a truck) and great traction. We'll see how they wear over time though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't recall if I did an introduction, but Hear ye! Hear ye!... I've been thinking about the Rune for about a decade or so and finally dived in and purchased an 04 with about 4k on the odominemoneter. I've made a few customizations since(I know...naughty) and probably few more to go, but I don't buy for investment... I buy for enjoyment in my eyes while I'm still breathing oxygen. I'm semi-retired and earn my supplemental income through my Tinder account 💻 where I shake my booty for 15min for $5 clicks 💈. Ok, I mighhht be lying about the Tinder part, but we all have dreams :ROFLMAO: . I don't get on here much because I don't do "social media" much except for business because it'll rot your brain when there is the real world out there to enjoy. I got kids and a wife that rarely accompanies me on the bikes(which is fine... it's me time and fellow riders time). I come from a "Harley family" but have never owned one... I'm that guy :p. This forum and other Rune grps have been great because as a Rune Noob we have to learn somewhere and our first ?s are always Tech n Parts and learn fast that parts are... what parts? lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Radial and Bias mix?
Yes. Quite a few rune owners have used and recommended this combo over the last few yrs with no issues and after speaking to my local service tech I went with it. On cars typically a no no, but there are actually factory bikes with radial/bias split. Those that don't though, you can typically get a yea or nay answer from manuf, but of course with honda regarding the rune... you'll never get one anymore.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts