Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the factory, my 2005 Rune came with 12 wheel weights stuck to the rear wheel (60g). Is this normal?

Al

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
60 grams is the maximum weight allowed per the service manual.
Take her up to 130 mph and see if she shakes.....

Ken (32,000 miles)

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wheel isn't chromed. (I don't think these wheels were available in Canada.)

I'll try a high-speed run to see if it shakes.

I was thinking of telling the dealer I want the wheel replaced under warranty if at the next tire change he can't bring the wheel and tire into balance without using fewer weights. I'd prefer he doesn't dismantle the bike more than necessary, and the next tire change seems like the best time to kill two birds with one stone.

Al

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
60g or less wont make it a warranty replacement.
but...... when you replace the rear wheel -- Make sure they remove the left exhaust cover and the cover that hides the shock absorber reservoir, then remove the rear fender. That way they are following the service manual, and they will not scratch your rear wheel rim against the wheel studs.

Ken

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Look on your rim and tire, there should be small painted dots, on my rims (chrome rim) the dot is white and near the vale stem and the tire has a yellow one.
Check the yellow dot on the sidewall of the tire. This dot signifies the light spot on the tire, this dot should be lined up with the valve stem, on most rims (the dot on my chrome rims is the actual "heavy" spot, due to chroming) I have 28g (1oz) on my rims located near the stem.
Where do they have your weights located?
Are the dots (or stem) lined up?

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you look at the rim from the left side with the valve stem at 12 o'clock, the white dot and yellow dot are aligned at 2 o'clock. The wheel weights are centered on 11 o'clock.

Al

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
That sounds about right
I had a lot more weights on mine before I changed the tire, I just don't know how much it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts