Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
not going to Myrtle Beach....but going to the big Valk/Rune Rally in Helen, GA 20-22 May. I'll be there with Sherry on the Runes....and i've heard a few other Rune folks are going. My cell is 334-320-9754.

I'm also going to the Big Bike Rally in Maggie Valley, NC 3-5 June.

have fun in Myrtle Beach!

Any of you going to InZane? Worlds LARGEST Valk and Rune Rally...in Paducha, KY 20-23 July.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'll be there from late afternoon on the 16th until the mornin of the 21st,
my cell is 618-513-0559. I've never rode with another Rune(s) that'd be real cool. Brad

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
Hey HS....you going to InZane this year? Didn't you go last year. think i saw your bike in the parking lot.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Myrtle Beach Bound

Skibum, and anyone who is heading to SC...will see you guys on the 21, busy working the 14th....has anyone gotten or heard from Gene??? He came down last year in the fall and had a great time, though he was going to buy land!!

Tell him I said Hi and send me a note if he is coming down...

Skibum, my cell is (910) 330-2986 and will get up with you if you are still in the area..21st..
maybe we could get Ken to get the cops together for a pic..??
Dave

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey Tim, Yeah I was down there last year, we kept missing each other some how. No, not going this year, I have a ABATE event I'm helping to organize and run on that same weekend. To be honest with ya, I enjoyed the gatherings in Zanesville more than Paducah. I think everyone was to spread out in that city size hotel in Paducah.

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
yea....i'm on the Staff again. I came up with the idea of having a hospitality tent to hang out in this year. It will be set up out in the parking lot...so we can gather...kick tires...party..etc. It's called "the Dragon's Lair" I think. they'll be serving drinks....have some big fans running ....etc. in the evenings...we'll have some activities in the 'big tent'.

Sorry to hear you're gonna' miss it. i think it will be better this year. you have to remember, last year was the first year after moving it. there were some growing pains. But we took plenty of notes on 'lessons learned' to improve/fix it this year. we'll see....

maybe you can make it out to the Rune Rally in September!

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to try heading down on Friday 13th, depends on the weather.
My cell is 908-410-4199
I have no clue where I'll be staying, going to wing it

G

·
Myrtle Beach Bike Weeks

We'll be there from 5/14 till 5/22. We're staying on the ocean at 29th Street (very near Broadway on the Beach). Bring the Rune and the Bourget. Give us a shout if ya want to share a few beers - Dan & Barb 301-325-6931

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like rain all weekend in Myrtle Beach.
I guess I'll wait until it clears out before I go down, mmmmmaybe, I'm so Jones'n :pepper1: to go.

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well boys and girls

I am out of here!
Monday-16th-11:30 am
If I find some Fasttttt riders I should make Myrtle Beach late tonight

Ken - give me a call or leave a cell# I want to hear your pipes
Pomar-Jeff K-HogSlayer-USMCRune-got your cell#s and will call

See ya-ll next week when I get back

My cell# 908-410-4199

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I will be coming out next Friday night if I can get a place to crash. Otherwise, I will be riding with my buddies Saturday morning.

I went to Myrtle yesterday w/my girlfriend. We hit "suck bang blow" and Murrells Inlet. Both places were mobbed with mechanically challenged 2-jugger bikes. No Runes spotted yet!

ken

·
Registered
280 Posts
MB on Saturday

Ken, you just hold on saturday...I have it on good grounds that Gene from NJ and USMCRune from NC will be there with others...looking for other RUNE's running around...maybe a photo op for us....will call you Saturday on the Cell...Gene will be with us..

Skibum and Hogslayer, and Jeff we have to get everyone together, maybe at Honda centerial say 10:00??

DAve

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Hey Guys,
Gene Briggs, aboard his VTX,"N" edition ( done up very nicely, I may add ) will be there on Sat. His cell # is 1-848-391-9372. He would like to make contact with the members going there. Hope you all have a good time while I am stuck in work :cry:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
280 Posts
Location for Rune's

It's out on the south side of 501 about 5 miles from 17. If you take the by-pass (hwy 31 south), all the way to the end, go west on 501, it'll be on the left handside. It is the new Honda Dealership there, we shold be there by or before 10:00 on Saturday, I will try to call the following: Gene, Skibum, Poman, Jeff, and Ken if you are not there and see if we can get us together for a pic for this site...Weather looks good for Saturday but if you know Sc weather anything can change..Ha!!

Hope to see you all there.. :snow1:

Dave :D :pepper1:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I am bringing my Frogg Toggs rain suit. Anyone who whimps out because of rain is a weenie :pepper1:

We can then do the photos, Rune Petting Zoo, and then do lunch. I will be staying near the Honda Dealer at the Hampton Inn (across from the Outlet Malls). My fellow engineer buddies who are riding Harleys, will be arriving about 11:30 to noon. So, perhaps we could meet them at a steakhouse that is just down the road from the Honda dealer, and next to the Hampton Inn.

I think it would also be fun if any of you guys would want to ride my Rune to see what a 30,000 mile version with the K&N filter feels like. The jerkyness of the throttle is gone.

ken (30,000 miles today!)

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya I bailed out on Thursday, Wayyyyyyyyy to many drunk bikers for me, and the rain was on the way. Had a great time and was planning on straying for the Rune Petting Zoo but my son wanted to get back up North (young hormones, had a date with 3 girls set for Sat.), he came out of Fla. on his GIXER. We ran up the coast so we didn't make very good time, but the ride was great, today was another story RAIN, HEAVY RAIN, side winds at 45mph+, temp was apx.50 and me with a bald front tire (should have changed it before I went). I knew there was a hot tub and a cutie waiting for me so we pushed through. I hit a construction sign with my left mirror because my son was riding next to me and I couldn't get over enough or maybe it was the 14hrs of riding, I haven't even looked at it being we were only 45mins from the house.
Hope you all have a good time at MB and the rain holds out for you.
Well the Hot tub is waiting and the wife is naked sooooooooo.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts