Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://rune.honda.com

Go to Reality..Specs...Dimensions.

'04 Rune is 794 pounds. '05 Rune is 811 pounds.

What's the reason? Are they just making all the bikes CA bikes? That's 17 pounds. I can't imagine that charcoal canister and the extra rubber tubes weight that much?

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
The Chrome wheels?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
someone mentioned this before....that the chrome wheels make it list heavier...as the spec on weight for the 04 is with spec 47 wheels.

What 05? OK....had to do that....just kidding.....don't any of you "05 diehards" get all upset now.........

But in all seriousness....how many of you have seen an 05 at a dealer....or on the street....or ANYWHERE? Yea, me neither. i'm guessing there aren't too many of them out there. though, since the only difference is the little letters on the rear fender.....and most folks probably take those off like we took off the 04 decal on the fender.....the ONLY way you'd know it was an 05 would be to look at the VIN number.

The wife says she'll stick with her $22k 04 model, thank you. But when those 06s come out :wink: :roll: 8) :eek:4:

·
Registered
665 Posts
05 RUNE

I was at the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) in Oshkosh WI this past weekend...Honda had a tent with cycles on show...including 2 RUNES... Of course I knew more about the Rune than the sales guy that was trying to answer questions from admirers....so I graciously helped him out for a while.... As I approached I noted that one was an 04 (Illusion Blue) and the other (Black) had the raised HONDA lettering on the back fender and so I knew that was an 05. WRONG...It was an 04... so someone tell me what the 04 RUNE with a serial number in the 340's was doing with raised lettering????? Anyway..The RUNE was stealing the show....funny everyone walking by commented about never having seen one before...I'm glad HONDA didn't get these out in front of the public more...It allows me to be the only one in the crowd to be able to say...oh yeah...I have one... :biker: I would bet a few are sold as the result of that show...a very affluent (except me) crowd of airplane owners there..

·
Registered
317 Posts
I noticed at the Homecoming that the '05 models they had for demo rides do not have the VIN sticker up on the right side of the neck.

Don't know if this was a model issue, or just a running change like the raised lettering decal on the rear fender (I have on my '04).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts