Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im from québec city and own a Rune for a year now. I want to install a windshield and pass pegs theres been so many posting on this site now what would be the better one did any of you instaled this one

http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdetl.cf ... oShield(tm)_Detachable_for_American_and_Metric_Cruisers

and is it worth drilling the side cover to install the rivco pegs or should i go with the other type. :?:

Sorry for my english

Thank Jean

·
Registered
665 Posts
Footboards...

I would drill my side covers again to have the quality level and looks of the Rivco's... However...if other pegs make the passengers thighs drop below the top of the seat...I would consider them... IMHO the passenger on this bike dramatically changes how I handle it... The Rivco's keep all but her lower legs above the seat...[/i]

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
a TRUE story about windshields....

as for that Rifle "universal" metric cruiser shield....i researched that shield in August of 03 when i bought my Rune. At the time...it WAS the ONLY shield that could fit the bike. I looked it over close on their web site, and it looked pretty pitiful. One size fits all type stuff. Poorly engineered mounting....or better put...very TACKY looking.

so...i called Windvest ...and talked to Doug...and helped them design the Windvest mount for our Rune. I have one of the first two.....LOV2KRZ claims he had the other of the first two. they actually sent me a VTX mount and had me mount it...take measurements...etc. But i digress...

I take the bike (with the Windvest shield) to Daytona in October of 03. I'm riding around...showing off the bike. I run into two other Rune owners who have the Rifle shield. I ran into both of them while my bike was parked...and i was walking. I introduce myself...tell them i manage this board.....etc. They show me the Rifle shield and ask me what i think of it. to be honest, in person...seeing it in real life, it was EVEN WORSE looking than the pictures. So i take them over to my parked bike and show them the Windvest.

TRUE STORY....BOTH OF THEM....immediately ask me where i got the Windvest. I tell them...and tell them Doug from Windvest is set up in one of the parking lots of a dealer there in Daytona...selling the very shield i have on my Rune. BOTH OF THEM....IMMEDIATELY go over to Doug and buy the shield. ONE of them, says take this Rifle "piece of ....."...and toss it in the trash for me, please. The other one...asks Doug to ship it back to his home ...so he can try to sell it and get his money back.

bottom line, BOTH of them immediately changed from the tacky looking mounted Rifle to the Windvest.

End of TRUE story. End of comments on Rifle..............

·
Registered
68 Posts
pass. pegs

If you decide to go RIVCO route for pass. pegs, you may want to drop me a note.. i have a set stiill in orig box (unopenned) that i am not going to install.. quite willing to sell them to you at a discount. They have been in my garage for several months..

never mounted them as my need for riding 2-up went away. (Hey, life changes if you know what i mean)

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cyclops

i am interrested in your rivco peg
how much :?:
i have sent you a PM did you receive it :?:

Jean

·
Registered
692 Posts
nice ax Baton in the picture.

j asked my police department if with my personal gun licence j am authorized to keep with me a sword

they told me NO, DNT DO, FORGET.

:cry: sic

so now j am looking for mounting on the front bar a support for putting a bric, too many stupid car drivers on the highway.
heheh

ciao hannibal

·
Registered
146 Posts
Brick

No need for bricks.

Carry a half dozen 1" ball bearings. Pull in front of target, flick over shoulder. The higher the speed, the bigger the hole in the windshield.

Alternatively, velcro mount lead pipe across handlebars, approach target at stop sign and beat on his hood, door or head, as necessary.

Neither approach is recommended on vehicles sporting "Protected by Smith and Wesson" stickers

·
Registered
22 Posts
no need for all the violence..lol just...

carry a "plumbers helper" (toilet plunger) note: this device will need to be modified by placing a cut-out on 1 side for fitting purposes, on those velcro mounts, then when afore mentioned incidents occur, just pull up beside them, place the plunger in left hand, and politely offer to help them recover from their temporary case of "crainial rectitus" by placing the plunger around their neck and moving up and down in a rapid fashion. (this will create suction that should hopefully remove their cranium from said orafice witha gentle "pop"). Note: some may require "gentle pursuasion" to allow this operation, but thats cool too!! :twisted:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Are You practicing a certain substyle ?

Dickson,

Ax and sword - are You practicing a certain substyle of the southern gun/weapon culture ? - or is that just dinning reqisites ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
hannibal said:
Hi Baton Rune

you are an highlander.

yes j was mentioning this one.

j want to put on the front fork.

hahah ciao

hannibal
Highlander? In Louisiana we're lucky when we're at sea level LOL I can see swords as forks might look cool, forks as spoons will just get you a lap of cereal however ;-P

1 - 20 of 36 Posts