Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I returned the WindVest shield replacement I received from:

Cee Bailey's Aircraft
6900 Acco Street
P.O. Box 1028
Montebello, CA 90640 USA

If you want one call Roy and tell him you want test two of the ones he sent to Chuck in Florida.
PH: (800) 788-0618
FX: (323) 721-7888

I returned it along with a template I made using the original as a tracing.

The photos show the corrected shield along with the original as an overlay.
I paid, including shipping, $103.00; although the one in the photo is larger that the one they first sent.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nurse.......NURSE!.. Help! I need a Nurse!

Chuck, my friend, why don't you just get a Windjammer SS....you know, the one with the integrated turn signals. Then for a couple of bucks more, you can put a Cyclesound on it for tunes?

I saw your new seat....are you ridin' that thing "three-up" or four? :wink:

·
Registered
45 Posts
windvest replacement

SiteData, :?: Does the replacement shield give better protection from the wind/noise etc.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much better is the replacement shield over the original :lucky:
Thanks

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I love my rattly, yet effective, Corbin Faring. It is black, and you cant see thru it. So, when I see a Highway patrolman, I duck behind my faring. He cant see me, so I can get away with whatever it is that I am doing at the time.
This is failsafe!!!!!

Ken
(26,450 miles)
and still dodging the air molecules that keep coming at high velocity......sometimes mixed with silicon globs.... sometimes a few water drops too

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BATMAN:

I have not had an opportunity to ride very much with the new shield. I’ve been out twice and for only short trips; top speed maybe 45 mph. I have noticed that the wind is no longer blowing in my face, which is what I wanted. I can sit up straight and look over the top or slouch/lean forward and look through the shield.

I’ll need more exposure before I’m ready to offer a subjective 1 to 10 evaluation but I expect it will be on the high side of 5. I already can tell I like the replacement much more than the original size.

On a side note:
SoFlaRes1: After reading that crack about needing a nurse you may disregard your invitation for Tea and Crumpets, you are no longer welcome!

·
Registered
58 Posts
SiteData:
I have been down the same road as you. I ordered a replacement, which was too small to fit. When i called, they had your template and was working on yours. My replacement ships monday.

BigRedRider

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When yours arrives you will need to attach one side first, and then press in the center, of the shield, to spread it about 1/8th inch. That is needed to line up the other side. It works well and gives it a snug fit. I’ve sent Cee Bailey’s my original for them to use for a perfect alignment of the holes.

What is interesting is that I’ve spent $52.00 on shipping for a $103.00 product. However to me it is worth it, the shield keeps the wind out of my face.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the Tip!

Thats the problem I have now, the 16" windvest is just too small for me.

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Chuck
Funny( :lol: ) I placed my order with Ken last month,so I thought. I got an e-mail from Roy saying they are now ready to start knocking them out now. I called Roy today and completed the order. He mentioned a nice fellow from Fla. sent in his shield so they now had a templet :shock: . I told him if you got to know him you wouldn't think he was that nice :).
Thanks
Rich ( Rune Ski )
I ordered the light gray tint. 19" high X 20" wide

·
Registered
256 Posts
Geeze

Damn Chuck you either got the highest class garage I've ever seen or you've got your Rune in the living room :lol:

Dickson

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Dickson,
No wonder why he has been (married )divorced numerous ( 4 or 5 ). ( according to Chuck in the windshield post ) I'd be pissed too if my spouse parked his ride in the living room.
:roll:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )
Gretta wouldn't stand for that $hit :!: :!:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Rich,

LOL I can't talk I've been married twice and have had numerous girlfriend in the las few year. They put up with a motorcycle in the living room they shouldn't have any problem with me sleeping over at an ex-g/f.

Dickson

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rich wrote and I quote, "I'd be pissed too if my spouse parked his ride in the living room."
RuneSki.............is this evidence of your qualifications to be Governor? :eek:

I sent Roy, Cee Bailey's, my original shield for him to use as a guide for aligning the attachment holes.
The shield in my photo is about 1/8 inch short of being perfect.
He will have my shield on Wednesday so anyone ordering one may want to wait a few days.

For every shield sold I get a commission of $500.00, so why not order a gross?

RuneSki, now you have ruined my reputation from coast to coast.

Dickson, the Rune is parked in a combination Den/Family room. I have a TV and some assorted valueless possessions/junk in there. When I had two motorcycles I kept them side by side. I had a Shadow 1100cc but disposed of it two months ago. I am trying not to buy a Gold Wing. I’ve been trying, successfully, for about two years now. I think I’d like one but I’m reasonably cretin I wouldn’t ride it, I’d rather be on the Beast.
......... But I sure do like the looks of them and with the stock windshield I wouldn’t have to put up with all the grief I get from my friend in Boca Raton.

I’ll not be riding again for about three weeks. Yesterday I had a little surgery that will require some convalescence.
So I’m hoping someone who gets the replacement shield will post his/her evaluation.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Chuck,

Get well soon my friend. I sold My Shadow Aero 1100 to buy my beautiful Rune...wish I could fit her through the front door LOL.

Dickson

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Chuck,
Your one" tough son of a rune". Good luck with your stay and recovery. After you awake from your procedure I will make sure the first friendly but homely face you see will be your old friend Gretta :shock:
Get well quick,
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good health Chuck

"A little procedure"...I hope this isn't a ploy to keep me from hiring your "Nurse"......Gezunterhait my friend.

In the unlikely event of your untimely demise, during this "procedure", have you appointed an Executor to oversee your interests in your properties, finances and Nurses?? My services are available.

Gezunterhait my friend.

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cliff, it is with great regret that I must report to you the surgery has come and passed, but I didn’t.
So………..Keep away of my cookie jar, stay out of my tomato patch and as for my nurse eat your heart out!

I need to go now it is time for my sponge bath. :pepper1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts