Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested, Motorola is coming out with a wireless headset for motorcycle helmets, using Bluetooth technology.

You will have to purchase a Bluetooth capable phone, but in my opinion it is well worth it.

I currently have the Motorola v710, and a Motorola Bluetooth ear piece. It works great, and has a range of about 30 feet.
You simply press the button on the headset, issue the command you want, for instance "name dial or voice dial" you then either speak the digits you wish to dial, or if you have preset numbers in your phone associated with names, such as moms house, home, Runski, you just say the name, and dials and connects automatically. It is great, and the best part is, no wires. :D

Also, many of the newer cars are coming equiped with Bluetooth, so you will be able to go from your bluetooth ear piece to your car, hit a button allowing your car to recognize the phone. now all your calls will be handled over the speakers in and hidden microphone in your car. You can then get out of your car, and jump on your bike. hit the button on the helmet, and you are now connected while riding.

See the motorola link below for more details.

By the way, my RUNE has been at the dealer for the past two months. Having Rims Chromed. They just called and said they were in. On my way to see how they came out. Here is the motorola link.

http://direct.motorola.com/eng/National ... ctedTab=3#

·
Registered
692 Posts
blue tooth

Hi,
www.dainese.it

they produce helmets with motorola equipment, for phone and "as intercom" you may talk with the passenger and reply to the phone.
no cables, the battery is in the helmet and you may charge from the bike.
the cost in italy for open helment is around 350 euro =450 us dollars

ciao
Hannibal

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ahhhh .... the smell of the open road.... the ever changing visuals .... the sweet sound of a F6 purring..... not what I want interupted by a *** cell phone... I'll stay non-connected.

·
Registered
692 Posts
hi Marune,
j work with my wife so we are togheter 24 hours a day. with the blue tooth and the cell j am in contact also riding. If the helmet has a blue tooth intercom we may discuss also when we are riding toghether.

Marune you are right. THAT IS AN EXCESS :x

ciao
Hannibal
p.s.
Dainese helmets blue tooth are not sold abroad but may be ordered throught internet directly to the direct dainese shops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts