Rune Rider Forums banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Update

Still drawing and colouring. Just so you know something is happening, here is a low-resolution screen shot. I'm moving stuff around to make it easier to find. I'm also finding wiring errors (wrong connections, etc.). I hope I'm not adding more errors than I'm fixing.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The first draft of the wiring diagram is available for download at the following URL:

http://www.bearspawriders.org/documents ... ringV0.pdf

PM me with any questions, comments, or corrections.

I'd like to get 4 people to check a paper copy of the diagram. Let me know if you're willing to do that: PM me with your address, and I'll mail a folded copy. Don't forget this is a draft; once it has been reviewed, I'll correct the drawing and issue an update for those that want the "published" version.

My old plotter is at the limit of its capabilities to print this drawing: 300 dpi just doesn't cut it anymore. If someone has access to a plotter that will do an ANSI D-size drawing at better than 600 dpi, try printing the drawing to see how it looks.

Obviously, white wires won't print on a white background, so I substituted a bright unused colour: purple. Some of the other colours don't show up well (e.g., a blue wire with a black stripe), especially on the printed version. A colour-calibrated printer may produce better results.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
jakesboss said:
Jeez Al, How many hours????
Too many, but it gave me an excuse to finally read the Illustrator manual. Adobe still makes Windows software for Macs, i.e., their software isn't very intuitive or friendly. It is powerful though.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Looks very nice, thank you again for all the time you invested in the project.

:yes:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Very nice work Al. :!:

We may be getting a 2400x2400 dpi 64" printer in the next couple of months. I'll let you know if we do, and if so I can run a few copies off on 2 mil stock for those interested.

I'll be inserting this diagram into the manual PDF when it's been proofed.

Again, good job. :yes:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wonderful Job !!
Being in France where nobody knows about the rune it will be good to have...just in case.
Please let me know in PM how to get the RAW file, I may be able to get somebody to use a large ploter to print the final version for me.
THx, great job

·
Registered
112 Posts
asacuta said:
hkv:

You're welcome. Did you get your wideband O2 sensor yet?
Yes I did! I have not had time to test it yet though. I also bought a couple of bungs to weld to the pipes, but I will try to make a custom exhaust system this winter and weld in the bungs.

I'll let you know when I test the Fluke and the O2-sensor stuff. I'll post some A/F-ratio charts.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Sinner G said:
Very nice work Al. :!:

We may be getting a 2400x2400 dpi 64" printer in the next couple of months. I'll let you know if we do, and if so I can run a few copies off on 2 mil stock for those interested.

I'll be inserting this diagram into the manual PDF when it's been proofed.

Again, good job. :yes:
If you do get the printer, I'd like to see how it works on the drawing. 2400 dpi should produce impressive results.

hispy05 said:
Wonderful Job !!
Being in France where nobody knows about the rune it will be good to have...just in case.
Please let me know in PM how to get the RAW file, I may be able to get somebody to use a large ploter to print the final version for me.
THx, great job
Actually, the pdf file I posted is the "raw file". You should be able to print that file to a plotter or large-format printer. If you can't get it to work, let me know and I'll mail you a folded paper copy.

I've mailed out some check copies. They should be delivered within the next week to 10 days. I expect I'll have the corrected file posted sometime in December, when I can also start mailing paper copies to those that want them.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
For those that received check copies of the wiring diagram, please PM any comments so I can update the diagram and start mailing prints.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Al,

Did you come up with a printer that is satisfactory?

I have a buddy in Seattle with photo lab/ high tec printing company. They have lots of different printers. He might be willing to print them for nothing or very little.

He says, "Is it setup for 11x17 - is that as big as he wants it..?

"I can go a slightly bigger to 12x18 very easily. I can print on Index
stock.. heavy paper.

"If he wants to go larger I have 600+dpi printers available."

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with him, Al.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
FR:

The drawing prints at 22" x 34" (ANSI D-size drawing). My printer will do up to 36" x 108"', but at 300 dpi. For those that want a folded copy suitable for working on the bike, my printer is probably good enough. For those that want poster grade for framing or mounting, we should probably use another printer, e.g., one of your friend's printers, or Sinner G's printer if he gets his new one.

When I've updated the drawing, I'll post the pdf file. You and your buddy can try printing the drawing at any size you like to see how it turns out. Unless you've got a good printer (1200 dpi or better) and great eyesight, I don't recommend going smaller than D size. D size at 600 dpi would look pretty good, and D size at 1200 dpi or better would be very nice. If you do print some test sheets, let me know how they turn out. If you'd like me to contact your friend to discuss printing options, just PM me with the info.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Al,

I copied your post and sent it to my friend as an email. Let's see what he thinks and then look at the pdf when it is complete - unless you want to send me the draft pdf and have him play with test printing.

I'll PM you my email address.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I've made numerous changes to improve the look of the drawing when printed. so wait until next week for the new version. I ponged an e-mail to your e-mail ping.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Any final comments before I post V1?

It's so cold and dry here that the ink can't make it to the paper without drying, leaving ragged lines and dropouts. (That's why I like colour laser printers instead of inkjets.) As soon as the temperature and humidity improve, I'll start printing. If you want a folded paper copy, and haven't sent me a PM with your address, please do that by the end of the week.

The service manual and Honda wiring diagram don't agree on some parts of the wiring. Where I wasn't sure how it was supposed to be, I guessed. If in working on the bike you find errors, let me know and I'll fix the problems in a future version.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Al,

Good work! Can you give examples of situations where you had to guess?

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Here's an example:

The wiring diagram has the alternator IG lead connected to the Engine Relay and the FR lead connected to the ECM. The service manual has it the other way around. The first made more sense to me, so I used that.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts