Rune Rider Forums banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Here is the link to V1 of the wiring diagram. Any additional corrections will have to wait to V2.

http://canadianguerilla.com/documents/RuneWiringV1.pdf

I tried printing this morning, but the humidity is still so low the HP650C looks like it's spraying sand instead of ink. It needs at least 20% RH, but prefers even higher. Those who requested a paper copy will just have to wait until the weather improves.

[When it's cold outside I keep my inside humidity down so my windows don't freeze over. I got a quote on new energy-efficient windows, but suppliers wanted as much as I originally paid for the house, so low humidity it is.]

·
Registered
879 Posts
Excellent work Al.

It seems Ive been vetoed on the wide format printer. Oh well, these things happen.

You keeping warm? :D

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Sinner G said:
It seems Ive been vetoed on the wide format printer. Oh well, these things happen.

You keeping warm? :D
Damn, I was looking forward to seeing a high-res print.

I placed my computer chair over a heating vent, so I'm toasty. Looking forward to picking up your Rune? It's just 5 months till motorcycle weather. :cry:

·
Administrator
1,314 Posts
Al, I'll chime in to say thanks for all your hard work on this. I'll PM you with my address info. Snail mail of course, I'm still in Afghanistan until Feb.
Hey, it's super low humidity here too and snowy. When I get back each day from flying, the skin on my hands are all cracked no matter how much moisturizer I use.

Keep up the great work. :D

-Ollie

·
Registered
879 Posts
asacuta said:
Damn, I was looking forward to seeing a high-res print.
Looking forward to picking up your Rune? It's just 5 months till motorcycle weather. :cry:
I'm a little bummed about it too, I really wanted to play with that thing. :(

Yeah, just five short months... I wanted to ride after Christmas and since I can't get a temp tag until I'm ready to bring it home I guess I'm outta luck.
But I may still go and visit, I'm concerned about the sitters 8)

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Nice wire map

Great job there Al,I've already had the pleasure to use this map,I've spliced in a LED signal retard box. This idiot box allows you to set the time on the beat of the signal so the flash inbetweens sets a nice pulse. Allowing LEDS to work nicely. The diagram was perfect and made looking for the wires real easy. A Job well done,many thanks Al! :1st: dog

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
No-way dude

:1st: The award should go to you,since you've changed a few things for the good and how the plan really is and made Honda's mapping correct-you take the Honors. Maybe Honda could hire you on the side. Anyway everything seems to be working better,and it's all new to me again. ie: When I push the Horn button the fan comes on and my right signal. #2 When I turn the key over to start the bike the left signal blinks. I can now change my Odometer reading (add or subtract mileage) Lastly and this is my favorite change:when I insert the key in the gas key hole the engine starts and I get the horn to to beep. This will probably take 2 weeks to figure it all out and get use to it-but in the interim "I'm having a blast" Drinks on me everyone. Just for fun I placed a local map over the mapping you sent me and if I follow the alternator lines,and looking through my glass patio doors (see through) It leads me right to the police station. Fun fun fun. :capwin: :excited: Thanks Al. dog

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
GrizzlyBearDan found a bug in the wiring diagram: the wire going into the 6-pole connector under the rear fender is Bl/Br, not Br; the wire coming out of the connector is Br. I will fix this in V2 when I have enough changes to justify a new version.

Please let me know if you find other bugs.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
now for a layer to go on top of the diagram to show where the relays and stuff actually is on the Rune.

wow.

vehicular electronic diagrams are so ........ unique!

great job Al

ken
(52,900 Rune miles, only about 4 of which needed a schematic boost :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
The service manual has a good location chart on p. 6-6. If you've got a copy of Adobe Illustrator, you could copy the chart from the manual and paste it into a blank spot on the wiring diagram.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
On Sunday, after working on greybeard's bike, we found that the front brake switch uses a G/Y wire, not a G/W wire as shown on the diagram. This has always been a question for me since the rear brake uses G/Y, and it seemed weird to me that Honda would use different colours for the front. I'll fix this glitch in V2.

Also, we found a factory defect in the motolight wiring harness caused a short in one of the pods. We wrapped new insulation on the splices in the pod and the lights are working again.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts