Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all is anybody lifting their bike by themselves? I got that sun x lift and Matt's great adapter and she works great....but I can't do it alone. Help I don't want to keep asking the little girl next door to come and help ;-)

Peace,
Dickson

·
Registered
665 Posts
Lifting alone

I have the Sears...Altho I have only had it up one time...I was able to sit on the bike( with a 2x6 under the front wheel for clearance) and use my right foot to pump the lift....once the bike was straight up and supported I got off and jacked it up to the height I wanted...all the while I had my kick stand in the down position....As I began to lower it I did the same in reverse.... all by myself...but I did think it would have been much wiser to have help...yep call me a wussy boy too... I just thought it a lot safer if something happened while lifting...like getting caught under a Rune...geezuz...I live alone... 10 years from now they'd find a skeleton under my Rune with a smile on its face...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
On my Big Blue lift, The bike is solid on the lift bars so you dont need an assistant, and I havent had to strap the bike, even when I took both wheels off at the same time.

I have a socket wrench on the top. I just have to spin the wrench to engage the worm gear and lift while I sit on the bike. But, that is dumb. Just get off the bike and lift it. Then get on. hmm, why do i need to get on when I lift my Rune 4 ft off the ground?

Ken

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
I use 2 pieces of 5/8 plywood 2'x2' under each wheel and the kickstand, this lets me center up my Sears lift (and adaptor) right under the foot peg,
From the right side I tilt the bike level and jack the lift with my right foot.
The 2'x2' area allows me to lift and lower it by myself without having to worry about the tires slipping off the boards.
I've put my Rune up in the air every time I clean it, makes cleaning the wheels a breeze.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I put two 1/2 thick planks of plywood on the floor and roll the front and rear tires on them.
I roll my sears jack under the motorcycle dead center with the pegs tell it stops.
I then sit on the motorcycle stand it up and roll to jack under it the rest of the way give the jack three or so small pumps tell its stable but still on the ground.
I look under the motorcycle make sure the jack is not pushed under too much and jack it up the rest of the way.
Buy using two plywood planks I don't have the worry of rolling off the wood when lifting or when letting it down.
Hope this helps.
http://members.aol.com:/madroober/lift

·
Registered
141 Posts
BIG BLUE BIKE LIFT

I made a small ramp for the front tire out of plywood. It gives about 3/4 more ground clearance. I just slide the big blue lift under, line up the front mount on the motor. Spin the electric drill, 15 seconds later the rune is 2 feet in the air. You can also do this while sitting on it. It works great.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You must have a ballsy drill! Even my 1/2" heavy duty doesnt like raising my Big Blue lift. Going down is easy.

Ken (31,000 miles)

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
i don't have one of the adapters...but i have been thinking about getting one in the next month for my birthday. So, excuse my ignorance....but can't you just attach the adapter plate to the bike....stand beside the bike...and lift it up? That's how i do it with my Valk on my lift. I just stand beside....kind of hold the bars until it straightens up on the lift...then lift away.

Or is that not possible with this adapter and our bike?

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Tim
That's how I lift it, I stand on the right side and just tilt it to level and then a few pumps and it's on it own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts